Recent content by JFRACE

1. JFRACE

FIDELITY RESEARCH FR-2 CARTRIDGE

Looking for recommendations on a phono pre amp for the cartridge. I am going to possibly use a SUT with it and have a few mm phono pre amps, but nothing spectacular. Pro-Ject tube box -DS, Cambridge Audio 551, to name a few.
  2. JFRACE

Finally got my Yamaha C-300 deck back from service

did you ever get to doing the 3d printed buttons?
  3. JFRACE

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Looking for info on these and whether or not they'd be worth getting. Already have W-90C, W-70D.
  4. JFRACE

would love to see pics or a thread on that. That stuff is well out of my scope though.
  5. JFRACE

Did a quick test, the C-300 plays slow. I cleaned the heads, and rollers, and demagnetized the unit. Haven't opened it up. I can't seem to find the post about those covers yet.
  6. JFRACE

Mine came in today, I ordered the tire and belt kit as well. Once they come in I will redo the K-1020, and then this one. Is using the 1/4" plugs a better way of using the unit?
  7. JFRACE

While I was going back and forth on my post about the K-1020, I also picked up a C-300 just in case. My 1020 also is missing the buttons and I did read somewhere where someone used them from a different deck and filed them down. I will see if I can find the post on Facebook and will repost here...
  8. JFRACE

YAMAHA K-1020 NOT PLAYING FF/RW

So curiosity killed the cat, opened up the unit, it's missing the back tension belt, capstan belt is old and stretched, idler tire is hard as a rock. Wonder what kind of technician did the supposed work on this unit. Ordered a new belt and tire kit to see if this fixes the issue or not. Guess I...
  9. JFRACE

Assuming I keep this, what does this compare to with NAK decks? I do have a CR-1 that I picked up and it's working, I know they aren't comparable overall. Just curious. Thanks for the info as well.
  10. JFRACE

I get what you're saying. I am into the deck for $350 with the shipping, and without getting into dollars and cents, is it still viable to do this? I kinda feel like I was taken advantage of due to it being sold as already having these things done to it. He posted a receipt showing the idler was...
  11. JFRACE

How's the sound quality on this unit?
  12. JFRACE

Unit is not playing. It tries, but doesn't do anything. I bought it off the bay supposedly redone, it came and right out the box played slow. Then played fine for 1 day, then stopped. I'm thinking it's the cam motor, but it doesn't ff at all with nothing in it. Most likely going to send it back...
  13. JFRACE

Yamaha KX-W232: Sound issues

Also, I'd go ahead and do the belts anyway, relube points that need it, and give the heads a second cleaning with isopropyl alcohol (minimum 91%). It may need to have the unit realigned as well. Check the motors as well on each deck.The rollers could be hard which will cause the same issues...
  14. JFRACE

Nakamichi RX-202 problem

Sounds like a sensor to me.
  15. JFRACE

Difference between SACD player, and DVD player with SACD functions

Stupid question for the group. Looking at getting back into SACD discs. Have a DVD player that plays them, but am wanting to know the main difference between a stand alone SACD player, and the "mixed" type. Haven't listened to mine in years, but since I've gotten into tubes, I'd like to play...
Back
Top Bottom