jgannon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• One of these days, when this is all over, we're gonna have to get together for a drink. I'm 30 mins from GCS... and my birthday is 2 days from yours. Drinks on me.
    jgannon
    jgannon
    Sounds like a plan! Imagine that - bars, drinks, people standing next to one another! Thanks for putting up the Bacharach thread. It was fun to share and post his stuff.
    No problem!

The 1060 may not be the clearest or most resolving integrated, but it has it's charming side and can be a real pleasure to listen to, with it's smooth presentation. It's a true classic, absolutely beautiful to look at, nicely sized, and there were many, many made.
    The 1060- pretty reliable units. The power switch seemed to be a part often needing replacement, so that's on par with things. At it's age, it should still sound good, but these are around 40+ years old, so I'd consider a re-cap in the near future, to make sure it's working correctly for the next 30 years. I have a tech local in Boston that is top notch if you want the info.

Think of a recap as good insurance- $150 is the ballpark going rate, and this will have the unit back in spec, and likely running for the next 30 (or more) years.

A unit with older caps won't sound 100%. It may sound good, but we've come a long way in capacitor quality and technology, and a straightforward cap replacement should keep it sounding like intended, as well as staving off any expensive repairs due to cap failure.
    Yeah, I really am sorry about that. The past 2-3 months were a little bumpy. I'm here today, but I'll be back full-time shortly. Just got some things going on that need dealing with first. Sorry to everybody about my messages. They piled up on me.

Good to hear from you...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom