Recent content by JimBob

1. J

The Vandersteen Treo CTs, diminishing returns, and the end of (audio) history

I've been banned forever. I mentioned how Tube Amps never measure as good as Solid State Amps and bingo! It started with a discussion about Toppings DAC. Great measurements. I brought up the Prima Luna Evo 100 tube Dac which I have in my game room and it is amazing. A real giant killer but...
  2. J

The Vandersteen Treo CTs, diminishing returns, and the end of (audio) history

Love my Treo CTs. Driving them with Mcintosh MC 601s C1100 pre and D1100 dac with Lumin U2 streamer. Musical musical and more musical. Excellent speakers One of the best buys in high end audio!!
  3. J

A McIntosh Tuner, Is There One In Your System?

This is a blast from the past
  4. J

Streaming 16/44.1, any reason to upgrade from Sonos Connect?

I've been using Sonos connect since 2008 to listen to internet radio stations and I've always found the sound to be really good. I've always used a high end DACs and I don't plan to move on. For streaming downloads I have an Aurender N10. But I have to admit most of my casual listening is...
  5. J

LB200 - Handy McIntosh Storage space for $1500?

What Happened in 1971 https://wtfhappenedin1971.com
  6. J

There's more in play today. The MC275 is much more advanced now than the 1971 version. Night and day. But thanks to inflation 444.00 in 1971 is 3200.00 today.
  7. J

Back in those days the dollar was defined as 1/35 of an ounce of gold. Since August of 1971 when Nixon closed the Gold Window the dollar has lost over 80 percent of its value. I suspect Frank Mcintosh and Gordon Gow would like it. It makes a beautiful night light. It's a luxury item...
  8. J

They've been making these things for the past 15-20 years. Nothing new here. It's a luxury item.
  9. J

MC2102 Biasing

I've been running 2 Mc2102s in Mono Bridged for years and they're fantastic. 200+ Watts of pure tube power. Huge soundstage C2200 tube preamp. Great combination
  10. J

McIntosh MCD301 vs: MCD500 Shootout

What a blast from the past!
  11. J

New MCD85

The new 1502 tube amp is an open chassis retro design. So is the MC275Vl. I suspect it'll be a big seller for the company
  12. J

McIntosh MS500 Music Streamer Review

Have you heard it? Then how can you call it a piece of crap?
  13. J

McIntosh MS500 Music Streamer Review

I had a MS750. Good product for the time. 10 years ago. Very beginning of music server streaming that now dominates.
Back
Top Bottom