Recent content by jjsxr9

1. jjsxr9

George Harrison "I Live for You"

Hey everyone, Odd question, I'm looking for a vinyl presssing of George Hasrrison's "I live for you" song. I see it was released on a 2014 remaster/repress of "All Things Must Pass", but I can't seem to find it released on any other pressing. any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. jjsxr9

Technics Sl-230 Motor

This worked! Just put a single drop of 3-in-1 oil on the spindle and hand turned it, i could feel it get smoother.
  3. jjsxr9

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Just got Fleetwood Mac - Rumors in the mail today. Love watching my 2 yo's face when we pit a new record on. :)
  4. jjsxr9

Technics Sl-230 Motor

I will give that a shot! Any particular type?
  5. jjsxr9

Technics Sl-230 Motor

Hi everyone, I have a technics SL-230. It was not keeping speed very well so i cleaned the fine-tune speed knobs and replaced the belt, as it was in need anyway. Played really well and held speed flawlessly for a few weeks. Then, sometimes when starting it the turntable would need a nudge to...
  6. jjsxr9

KEF 104/2 Speakers - tips

I run mine with a Marantz 2270 which seems to provide enough power. Especially once the amp warms up and i open it up a little. I have a pretty early set of walnut veneer non bi-amp models in a moderately sized living area. The kube absolutely opens up the lower end, unfortunately the power...
  7. jjsxr9

Help troubleshooting left channel amp board

Thanks for the quick replies! I have verified the pin configuration and ensured that I put the correct transistor in the correct location. I am going to get into the board this weekend and start testing the other elements. I'm interested to hear more about this. In my research I did not find...
  8. jjsxr9

Help troubleshooting left channel amp board

Hello all! I have been having issues with my 2270 not clicking in so I decided to do some detective work and figure out the issue. Using information gathered from this site I was able to isolate the issue to the left channel amp board. From there I checked the transistors only to discover the...
  9. jjsxr9

Marantz 2270 Power Amplifier Board Parts BOM

This thread is a wealth of information! I am about to begin a restore on my 2270 and have been trying to sponge up as much info as I can. Are you planning on restoring the preamp board? Thanks for your hard work!
  10. jjsxr9

Marantz 2270 Slow to Click in...sometimes

Hello, I'm running into the same issue with my 2270's relay; it takes about an hour for it to kick in anymore. This thread has been pretty helpful in identifying the problem but I'm not sure what to do next.... Serial # 451134 Mfg date: 8/27/76 I have attached pictures of the P800 board, it...
  11. jjsxr9

Thanks from SGF MO!

Yes, I have! Great selection and pretty good price too. I work just a couple blocks from there.
  12. jjsxr9

Thanks from SGF MO!

Hahaha you nailed it! Others possible choices include: Pawn shop, Buy here, pay here car lot, and Kum & Go Thank you!
  13. jjsxr9

Thanks from SGF MO!

Just wanted to say thanks to all the community members! I've been a lurker for a while and this place has been a wealth of information! In my quest to fine tune/restore my setup, AK has provided the answers to nearly all of my questions and given me the confidence to get my hands dirty. I've...
Back
Top Bottom