Share This Page

jlovda

Things I loved from the 60's and 70's, Male, from NE Ohio

Subscriber
jlovda was last seen:
Viewing thread MX113 Service Recommendations, Mar 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    1. andyo5
      andyo5
      I see your friend request, but I can't figure out how to accept it.
    2. jimimac
      jimimac
      Very similar to Harley Davidson??Yes there are lots of Equiptment way pricer than ours!!!
    3. daveg3588
      daveg3588
      John, Hamburg is 10 miles south of buffalo, so signal must cross all of Buffalo proper, 60 miles land, then 40 miles lake.
      Dave G
    4. smithhurd
      smithhurd
      Dear John,

I had a pair of Jensen System C Speakers which were in excellent condition that I purchased in 1980 ish. I believe I paid over $1000 for them. They were stored this summer and water infiltrated the storage space and ruined them. The insurance company wanted proof of purchase, information about them and value today. They were like brand new!! Can you help me with any information.

thank you

Bill Gomolinski 708-878-1428
    5. USMC Spike
      USMC Spike
      Okay, thanks for replaying. I have to figure out what to do with the gear t hat I got.

None of it works any longer.

Spike
    6. mbart
      mbart
      came accross your post in a thread abut some jensen speakers. i am trying to find out more nfo about a set i have and hoped you might be able to shed some light on them. The internet was been a waste land of info on them. They are a pair of Jensen Spectrum 550. I need to replace the mid and high frequency conrtols on them, a speaker or two and the cone on a woofer. They sound awsome, big and loud, but not nearly as good as they coul.
    7. Gregory
      Gregory
      My email address is: mc_audio@comcast.net

-G
    8. Gregory
      Gregory
      Ok.. I see how this works now.. once you have the front (glass) panel off, you should see plastic `meter movement┬┤ screws below the meter clear plastic windows. with the amp sitting on it's feet, adjust the screws so that the needles are over the last tic-mark.

As for the AC socket, you might have to drill that out. The replace the rivets with stainess steel phillips screws. I drilled out the meter lamp housing rivets and replaced them with screws. Hope that will look ok. Where is the socket? on the back panel? I cannot recall as I'm at the office now.

-Gregory
    9. Gregory
      Gregory
      Hi jlovda.. I'm at the office now and think we can better communicate if you send these questions to me via email. Please contact me at that address with a valid email. I'll be copying the text of your TWO Visitor Messages and replying once I know your email. Briefly the meter bracket is removed by taking out four screws from underneath in the front right and left corners. You'll have to remove the bottom cover, and I find it best to stand the amp on it's LEFT side and unscrew with right hand phillips driver.

-Gregory
    10. MX117.MC7150
      MX117.MC7150
      Hi John:
      Just purchased an MC2125 off of eBay. Plan is to go through it and recap the audio path. Am wondering if you would mind telling which caps you replaced in yours? I'll likely use Nichicon Muse caps.
      Thanks.
      Pat
  • About

Signature

MX130, C34V, MR77, MR78, MX113, KLH 18 (2x), Technics ST-G7
    MC2125, MC2200
    KLH 5's, AR2ax's, JBL L100's
    Dual 1019, Dual 1219, Dual 1229Q, Dual 704, Dual 721