Recent content by jmrosen

1. jmrosen

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Nice to see this long, long thread continuing. Probably time to check my Yamaha 2040. Been a while. Have not been here in a while either, so apologizes if this has been covered up thread but where is EchoWars these days?
  2. jmrosen

Adjusting Offset/Bias and other basic? things on Cr 2040 (help?)

You are the best. Thank you, Sir!
  3. jmrosen

Adjusting Offset/Bias and other basic? things on Cr 2040 (help?)

My tech set the idle current to (negative) -9.5 it was previously at + 3. And he found the DC offset was not fluctuating much once he did that, whereas before he adjusted the idle the DC offset was up and down 10 to 15 mV. The manual states idle should be between -10 and +2. Is this going...
  4. jmrosen

Yamaha CR2040 died while changing lamps

I’ve had the lights on my 2040 replaced 5 or 6 times along with DC offset and idle current checked and adjusted along with deoxit for switches. Never had an issue 17 years using this machine *daily* (which is why I go through bulbs like underwear) and never had issue. Any reason so many seem to...
  5. jmrosen

Can't seem to locate DC offset on the Sony STR-GX700ES Just picked up a nice one owner pristine STR-GX700ES for the bedroom. Below is the service manual and I cannot find Bias or DC offset? Anyone know of it's fixed and can't be adjusted or am I missing something? Thank you in advance...
  6. jmrosen

How often should you check the offset? Annually? I have a Yamaha CR2040 and I adjusted to 7R and 5 L from 20 (spec is 0 - 10 Mv) the pots are a little fussy to adjust, but the unit sounds as good today as it did the day I adjusted it. Thoughts?
  7. jmrosen

Help with Sony nightmare SCD 2000 ES

Bought this 5 disc changer new in 2008. Lately it was not reading the hybrid sacd layer and was also getting jitter and stop/start issues on redbook layer with longer then usual time between songs in shuffle. Brought the unit into to the Sony Store in my city and they sent it to Sony repair...
  8. jmrosen

Troubleshooting help on SACD player

Need help with Sony SCD 2000 ES, please. Disregard this post. I resubmitted my question in a new thread.
  9. jmrosen

Thank you! Glad to read that. My take from the thread is to get the values as low as possible but like you said, poking hands can be a worse problem then 9 mV.
  10. jmrosen

Yamaha CR2040 Let the unit warm up for three hours and measured DC offset as 9.2 mV left and 9.0 mV right. I check three times in 15 minutes and these values did not fluctuate. The manual states that normal operating parameters for DC offset is 0 to 10 mV. Is there any reason to adjust or is...
  11. jmrosen

Yamaha CR2040 popping noise when powered on/off!

It is something to do with the relay. I would be very careful as this could send DC straight to the speakers. There are are many folks on the forum that know more then I but this is what I believe is the issue. There is a discharge when powering off and that is what I think is going on with your...
  12. jmrosen

Yamaha CR2040 popping noise when powered on/off!

What is B+? Are the LED's the same green color as the bulb covers on the original bulbs?
  13. jmrosen

Yamaha repair in Central Florida?

Thank you, sir!
  14. jmrosen

Yamaha repair in Central Florida?

Orlando Yamaha & Vintage Gear Technician A few months ago I met a gentleman who recently moved to the Orlando area and seems very knowledgeable in Yamaha gear. He tells me he spent years working on it. I intend on using him for future repairs. Here is his info for anyone in Central Florida...
  15. jmrosen

No, that's what I thought but wanted to make sure you had a decimal point in there. You sure do, it is way too high, and on one side so high that the circuit protection would most likely be tripped if it gets up toward 200mv. It may just be way out of alignment and with the pot(s) be brought...
Back
Top Bottom