Recent content by jmslaw

1. jmslaw

McIntosh MC2301 still plays with dead tube?!

Thanks, Bob. Look at the failure of the tube. I’m shocked that I noticed, but the amp didn’t. Replaced with a fresh tube, and all seems fine.
  2. jmslaw

McIntosh MC2301 still plays with dead tube?!

I was playing my system in the dark, and noticed one of my front KT-88s was not lit up; in fact, it had ZERO glow, while all the other tubes were glowing brightly. I immediately shut the amps, off, despite the fact that the system was playing fine, though I felt the right output was slightly...
  3. jmslaw

McIntosh needs to improve their customer service!

I don't recall ever saying that this forum was my sole recourse for addressing my complaints. The reactions from some of the trolls here, suggesting I am somehow unreasonable for expecting a high level of customer service on audio purchases exceeding the cost of luxury automobiles are...
  4. jmslaw

Yes, you are right. I am just needy. Idiot!
  5. jmslaw

Thanks for your helpful and productive response.
  6. jmslaw

Let me be more specific: A couple of years ago, when I received my MT-10 turntable, the tonearm alignment dot specified in the manual was missing from my tonearm. When I contacted technical support about this issue, they could not understand why it was so, and made it seem like an insignificant...
  7. jmslaw

No, I think I have the right to voice my displeasure about poor customer support in a brand forum, particularly since McIntosh employees often monitor and participate in this forum. If the purpose of this forum is just to unabashedly gush over every piece of gear with blue meters, and show all...
  8. jmslaw

No, I think this forum is the appropriate place for this complaint.
  9. jmslaw

Rant here: I am a longtime customer, having ordered over $100,000 in brand new gear over the past decade. Every time I call them, it seems they are bothered by having to direct my call, answer my questions, or even take an order! This is unacceptable! McIntosh personnel need a primer on treating...
  10. jmslaw

Replacing MCC10 cartridge?

I spoke w. McIntosh. A replacement MCC10 is $900. That is very reasonable, given the Clearaudio counterpart is significantly more expensive. The MCC10 is an excellent performer, and a screaming bargain at that price.
  11. jmslaw

Yes, fortunately the speakers are fine.
  12. jmslaw

Have any MT-10 owners yet replaced the MCC10 cartridge? Last weekend, a child in my home got too close and curious about my needle, and my cartridge is now sans needle! Does McIntosh rebuild these cartridges, or must one order a brand new unit? Any idea of cost? I have several other cartridges...
  13. jmslaw

MT-10 back in system!

Thank You!
  14. jmslaw

MT-10 back in system!

Thank you!
  15. jmslaw

MT-10 back in system!

I rarely get the meters much past a few watts. Occasionally, during big orchestral movements, I'll hit 30 watts or so, but these amps never even sweat. I keep the speaker settings at flat, employing a McIntosh MEN220 to deal with room issues. My last frontier will be experimenting with grounding...
Back
Top Bottom