Recent content by joe camilli

1. J

9090DB Restoration Complete

First I want to thank the community for all your help and input on this restoration. Just to recap this unit was purchased by may dad in the late 70's. According to the serial number it was built in Feb 1977. My dad passed away 22 years ago the receiver then sat in their home until my mom's...
  2. J

Intermittent Protection Mode 9090DB

I was able to get the unit up and running. I removed the "new" F2624 replaced with the old F2624. Biased right on the numbers. Unit has been playing MP3s via aux for 48 hours straight - no issues.
  3. J

Found this statement: Since bad filter caps don't do so well on filtering, DC spikes can drive the protection circuit crazy and make it act up arbitrarily
  4. J

First a little background on the work that has been done on the unit: All EC's recapped using the list post on here Dolby board removed all rivets were vacuum de-soldered, wired and re-soldered a few traces were repaired Rotary switch was removed and cleaned Ribbon cable was replaces with new...
  5. J

My 9090DB is alive

Thought I would post a short video of my 9090DB coming back to life. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvvpJ1teKANUlyqBihh2uNiVvB88 Joe
  6. J

9090DB Progress Sort Of

Can you connect a source with a level control to main in? Yes and is works fine
  7. J

9090DB Progress Sort Of

Mute button is working as designed and in the off position
  8. J

9090DB Progress Sort Of

Yes jumpers are installed
  9. J

9090DB Progress Sort Of

It has taken a long time to get this far. I want to thank all those who have helped along the way. Not done yet but progress. Here what was done so far: System was completely hand cleaned and wiped inside and out. This unit has been in the family since the late 70's All electrolytic capacitors...
  10. J

9090DB wire placement

I am trying to determine the placement of a black wire that runs from the 2617 broad to the 2544 broad. I believe it attaches to ground on the back side of 2544? Thanks
  11. J

Mute Button Arc 9090DB

Why would pushing the mute button cause an arc to occur inside the relay? Thanks Joe
  12. J

F-2624 Review

What are the next steps in the recovery process?
  13. J

F-2624 Review

I switched to my new 2624 broad.The system is out of protection mode and on the DBT. I took the following readings: The +50V can be checked at either of the F04 and F05 fuseholders. 43vdc The -50V can be checked at terminal 17 or 21/22. -43vdc The +53V can be checked at the junction of R04 and...
  14. J

F-2624 Review

The system is in protection mode and on the DBT. I took the following readings: The +50V can be checked at either of the F04 and F05 fuseholders. 32.5vdc The -50V can be checked at terminal 17 or 21/22. -32.5vdc The +53V can be checked at the junction of R04 and C07. 31.5 vdc The -55v can be...
  15. J

F-2624 Review

Okay no meters connected fuses installed and unit will not come out of protection mode. What is next?
Back
Top Bottom