Recent content by Joe DeQuarto

1. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

The problem with swapping walls is this. Tv is wired completely separate from stereo, I have a nakamichi sound bar with sub for tv. All wiring is run through wall with a wall mount for tv. So if I move stereo and replace with couch, posing another problem. The wall is a custom tint venetian...
  2. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

3. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

First attempt: speakers about 3” off wall, toed in approx. 5 degrees. Result: actually better in low frequency. Staging still to be determined. initial test album-Dire Straits,Communique
  4. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

I added some measurements
  5. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

Forgive the drawing-NOT to scale or correct dimensions, but it should give an idea of environment
  6. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

prior to these speakers setup was two monitor audio RS6 silver’s and two polk audio PS-10’s. I have only tried two sources: music hall 5.1se with AT440mlb and marantz blue tooth connection. I also ran turntable with goldring 1025glx. The turntable sounds unbelievable albeit the lack of bass...
  7. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

I am reaching for straws here but, does anyone think bass traps in corners of walls opposite the speakers would help?
  8. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

Thank you everyone, this forum is by far the best out there!!!! I have checked polarity from turntable all the way to amp. I am an electrician by trade and this stereo is my baby! These speakers have bottom exiting bass ports and I have positioned them in several different ways. I.E. - right...
  9. Joe DeQuarto

Bass response

Good evening everyone, I have a quick but difficult question. I just purchased a new set of wharfdale diamond 11.4’s. I am running a music hall 5.1SE, tube phono stage, parasound preamp, rouge tube amp. Cables for the most part are mid level at best. Room is approx. 16’ by 14’ with one of the...
  10. Joe DeQuarto

Tube cleaning

I am very happy with amplifier. Speakers are wharfdale diamond 11.4’s. Just breaking them in. They sound incredible but have not yet turned her up. Waiting a couple of hours for speakers to open up if thats even a thing. I replaced a set of monitor audio rs6 speakers and i was a little skeptical...
  11. Joe DeQuarto

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Crazy times right now. Been at home tweaking system!

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Crazy times right now. Been at home tweaking system!
  12. Joe DeQuarto

Tube cleaning

Thank you everyone. I was obviously stressing nothing, but thanks to everyone here, the tube is clean, no more burning smell!!
  13. Joe DeQuarto

Tube cleaning

I was under the impression that you weren’t supposed to touch tubes with hands. Something about oil in hands damaging tubes longevity
  14. Joe DeQuarto

Tube cleaning

15. Joe DeQuarto

Tube cleaning

Good evening All, Have a quick question for everyone. In one of my really “smooth move” moments, I tried to dust my tube amp with a swiffer when it was on and hot. Obviously the swiffer melted to a tube. Does anyone know of way I can clean off the tube without damaging tube.
Back
Top Bottom