Recent content by John Kwasnik

1. John Kwasnik

WANTED: this sort of gizmo if it exists

Working Solution! Intel NUC7CJYH (old and cheap!) with a 1 TB SSD running Ubuntu 16.04 and JRiver 26. NUC has optical digital audio out -> Marantz PM7000N. Controlled by JRemote apps on my Android tablet and my wife's iPad (the iOS version is the better). (More remote server sending wireless...
  2. John Kwasnik

Hey, thanks. I don't see an optical port; will you output the audio files via the coax? Also, that model is out of production. Are you buying used or refurbished? And is there room inside for an SSD hard drive?
  3. John Kwasnik

I have a large USB thumb drive in the Marantz now. The HEOS app that can control it leaves a lot to be desired. It doesn't sort an album by filename, but by the metadata title field. So an album of Vivaldi concerti shows up as a playlist with all the Adagios, then all the Allegros, then all...
  4. John Kwasnik

No optical out, as far as I can tell.
  5. John Kwasnik

a device with a BIG SSD hard drive no DAC inside, but optical output which can send to my receiver (Marantz PM7000N) runs with music server software which can be remotely controlled via iOS / Android app doesn't cost an arm and a leg Is there such? A NAS won't work for me because the receiver...
  6. John Kwasnik

PM7000N USB support is buggy

Hi, all -- My wife and I gifted ourselves with a new receiver this Christmas. Great sound, and modern features. The problem is that the unit cataloged the file list on the first USB thumb drive I used. I don't know how to clear that list: "start over! new drive incoming!". It couldn't...
  7. John Kwasnik

Marantz 2250b Power Switch issue

This is re the 2250B: Today, I pushed the power switch, and nothing happened. Horrors! Disassembling and checking, the power switch on mine has 2 sides, but only 1 was in use. This particular one was flaky on the side in use, but fine on the other, unused side per my multimeter. So...
Back
Top Bottom