Recent content by john stumpf

1. J

sx1000tx Main amp board recap advice

it doesnt sound recapped to me. ive never seen a uk or up or uh nichicon cap in light blue or orange. they are dark brown and black its my opinion that its the wisest go to re silica and recap at one time and be done with it. transistors wear out just like anything else. we read here every so...
  2. J

Germanium transistors - replace with SI or leave alone?

there arent any germaniums in a sx-1000 of any flavor even a tw
  3. J

Pioneer SX-1500TD Restoration

that 1000 to 2200 is good info,whats lacking is the info that the 2 extra 1000 mfd caps added by the factory may not be there if the set is unmolested and a early model like my '69 model. the chassis mounted 1000mfd caps were a factory mod on later units. a man might really get confused looking...
  4. J

i doubt your "kit" has 2/3 whats required
  5. J

its my personal view that its a waste of time not to engage a total rebuild and just be done with it. and that includes all new silica as well as as many film caps as can be fitted. beware the stv diodes and trimmers . i dont think anyone has ever put together a rebuild list even though they...
  6. J

Pioneer SX-9000 repairs

in a sx 9000 that has literally hundreds of ecaps and transistors that are on the ak S*** list, coupled with boards that may want to easily delaminate when desoldered i say that certainly the person doing that job using solder wick isnt exactly acting in his or hers best interests. the same...
  7. J

Pioneer SX-9000 repairs

i wouldnt say super complicated, i would say that there are a helleva lot of caps and transistors that need to be changed and its a densely packed receiver so its a lot of work. its also not all that easy to work on in some areas. im a fan of solder stations that feature motorized solder...
  8. J

SX-990, No FM, no signal meter indication

all you can do really is try it. to try and figure out the state of the used parts before you purchased them is meaningless. its expected and quite natural for resistors and other parts to change value over the decades and its fair to point out that when alignment was carried out as new it was...
  9. J

SX-928

are you sure its not a fuse?
  10. J

18T split/knurled shafts, I have several/many potentiometer's that have broken shafts.

not trying to be a stinker but is it just the angle that seems to make it look off center? now that is as good as it gets. HOWEVER that jig cant be cheap to make so i i do see your point on the repair service angle
  11. J

SX-9000; inherently noisy?

you MUST get rid of the ancient and played out silica and theres lots of them, my 9000 was dead quiet
  12. J

Pioneer SX-6000 repairs

there IS a stereo repair in OAHU or at least there was. STAY WELL CLEAR OF IT and do the repairs yourself forget kits use mouser or digi key
  13. J

SX-6000 Signal Strength Meter issue

i second that assessment.
  14. J

Deoxit vs. De Ox Id

and it mixes and works just fine
Back
Top Bottom