Share This Page

johnfalc

Active Member, from El Cerrito, CA

johnfalc was last seen:
Feb 12, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    1. Gary Banks
      Gary Banks
      Aloha from Hawaii!
      I worked for Pacific Stereo from about 1972 until about 1974 down in Emeryville. I was the co-designer of the Lab Standard line and updated the Quadraflex line (added the wood bar) and designed the crappy Transaudio line. I am, however, most proud of my work on the Spectrasonic receivers. Do you know where I could get one???
      Gary Banks
    2. mikegeorge
      mikegeorge
      Hi John, Michael George here. It was brought to my attention (by Mike Sonleitner) that you had asked when I worked for Pacific Stereo. Sorry, I stopped checking that message thread. I worked from August 24, 1974 until May of '85. My last position was service manager at LS central service in Anaheim from '80 to '85. I worked for Phil Takaya. I remember your name... I probably still have some paper work with your name on it. I saved some of the reference material I had accumulated over the years. I'm still living on Orange county CA. I just recently gave away my parent's Calibre 225 and cassette deck to a co-worker. They still work though the cassette had to have a new belt and the idlers are getting a bit gummy. Regards, Mike George
    3. EchoWars
      EchoWars
      John...
      Apparently the schematics for the 919 you have are the ones that were included with the owners manual. They are incomplete. If you purchase a full service manual, it will include the whole shootin' match. Good luck!
    4. johnfalc
      johnfalc
      Hi - fun to see this group and the couple of references to Pacific Stereo where I worked for 10 years in a wide range of capacities. Any other "alums" here? John Falconer (still in the SF Bay Area by the way)
  • About

Retired from managing emerging and critical inform
    Once very into audio - 10 years at Pacific Stereo - ran US central service, was "golden ear" for a bit, did stints in store management, product manager, ran manufacturing, ran private label operations, got out before the fall!

Classic BMW motorcycles, photography, computers, family.

Signature

Yamaha CX-1000, CX830, Carver M1.5ts, Fisher 500Tx, AR-90, AR-92, AR-3as, AR-2ax, Thorens TD125+SME3009+MC20, Dual 1219, Nakamichis+Tandberg