Recent content by johnlcnm

1. johnlcnm

jbl l65 with L300 midrange?

Nobody mentioned the lens that needs to be used with that horn. That will require another 4 inches of grill in front of the horn.
  2. johnlcnm

Friendly speaker debate- old vs new

Got to say Mr. Boochie, them old JBL's pretty much kick ass. I'll crack up my modified JBL 4333's as I do every night and continue the "Kick Ass Sound".
  3. johnlcnm

Wanting to try JBLs - suggestions please!

Mark. Now that you have had them awhile, what are your listening thoughts on the 4365's?
  4. johnlcnm

Tuner Lock: What And How Does It Lock To

This is a question from my ignorance about FM tuner "LOCK". Does it lock to the IF carrier? Does it lock to the 19kH pilot? If the lock is to the pilot that would mean the pilot frequency is synchronous to the carrier? How does the Yamaha CSL work? I think I read some estimation of the CSL...
  5. johnlcnm

ReVox B760 FM Tuner is always on mute no matter what.

Sounds like I should stick with Japanese equipment!
  6. johnlcnm

ReVox B760 FM Tuner is always on mute no matter what.

Did you ever find the problem with the mute/scan/Rf problem? I have thought about finding and buying one of these tuners. I don't hold with the Tantalum caps going bad. The life of those are at least ten times that of a standard Aluminum electrolytic. A lot of government electronics used them...
  7. johnlcnm

Denon TU460

Knowing nothing about your tuner, I would start a process of elimination. Replace the super cap first. Is the "87" an error code?
  8. johnlcnm

Question for tuner gurus..

Just a shot in the dark. I think the ST may be polystyrene. The J is the tolerance. Don't know if this makes a difference in performance, but I would make sure the tolerance is the same for the new caps. In the end the comment above about a re-alignment of the receiver is probably correct. You...
  9. johnlcnm

JBL 2235H replacement in 2022

What HJames said. The big difference in the 2216nd and the 2235 is the voice coil inductance. It is about 1/3rd that of the 2235. I'm using it in place of the 2235 in a pair of 4333B's. No modification to the crossover. I think its bass and lower midrange is superior to the original 2235's that...
  10. johnlcnm

I think one of the biggest downfalls of the 4425 is box resonance. I have never seen the 4430 enclosures, but suspect they are far more solid in construction.
  11. johnlcnm

If budget isn't an issue, how about a pair of 4367's. I have never personally heard them, but I am using the 2216nd's in a pair of 4333's. Think they are a great woofer that realistically reproduces the lower midrange.
  12. johnlcnm

JBL Dynamics Project - Initial discussions

It's a seriously long driver isn't it? I had to measure the depth of my 4333 cabinets with the new crossover board screwed to the back behind it. Just cleared by less then a quarter inch.
  13. johnlcnm

OLD vs. NEW: JBL 2216 (LE15B) vs JBL 2216ND-1 in L200s

I think I can see a Zonker92 CC crossover in the one photo!
  14. johnlcnm

My JBL L200 Extremes

OK. I can't resist commenting. My system is a minimalist in that there is no preamp or DSP. D/A converter, volume pot and power amp. JBL 4333B with Zonker92 charge coupled crossover and 2216nd woofer. I can say without question, it is the cleanest, clearest, flattest system I have ever had. Kind...
  15. johnlcnm

K2-9800’s

Missed it Bob! Hope it was legit.
Back
Top Bottom