Recent content by Johnlw7

1. Johnlw7

May be trading my Mac 1900 for a mc 2205 and C32 pre?

I recently bought a 2205 and c32 preamp.Had the amplifier brought back to specs.Benched at 250 wpc.A lot of Mac gear has been hit and miss with me.I know that since they have been hooked up to my Altec Model 18 speakers,it's hard to quit listening.The bass is rock solid and didn't know the...
  2. Johnlw7

Alpha-Tech St.Louis

Hats off to Zaw Win owner and his tech Alan in St.Louis.I called them last Friday because My MC-2205 went out.I took the unit in on Monday morning they both spent the entire day rebuilding my amp.Picked it up yesterday a brand new amp basically.Zaw also took non working units in towards the bill...
  3. Johnlw7

Luxman 5m21 power amp popping noise

Thanks,It is in the left channel only.I really want to get this Amp repaired.I have bought Luxman gear two Saturday's in a row.It is the first I have owned.The laboratory series was all one owner gear.
  4. Johnlw7

I was lucky to get the Amp,Preamp,Equalizer,Tuner,And Power Level indicator at a very good price.I love the sound of this gear better than any vintage I have owned.Thanks for your suggestions.
  5. Johnlw7

Is there anyone on the forums who can repair my amp.I heard vintage Luxman parts are hard to come by.
  6. Johnlw7

I just purchased a complete set of Luxman Laboratory Reference series components.Everything worked great when I tested it before purchase.Now the amp is making a moderate popping noise every few minutes after warming up> I did drop a small screw inside the amp when taking the cover off.I have...
  7. Johnlw7

Altec Eighteens or Nineteens?

I have owned dozens of speakers all the Klipsch big boys JBL,EV and other Altecs.The 18's are my favorite.They do vocals better than any speaker I have heard.Hard to beat a point source driver.very nice pair you have there.Great deal and Rare.
  8. Johnlw7

EV Patrician IV Pair Tulsa Cl $3250

Not Mine
  9. Johnlw7

EV Patrician IV Pair Tulsa Cl $3250

For pete's sake hurry someone to OKC and grab these Ev's.Number is 405-842-8782
  10. Johnlw7

Cornwalls...or Valencias?

The Vals can't hold a candle to the Cornwalls bass.Had two pair of Vals both gone don't miss them.
  11. Johnlw7

Klipsch vs MartinLogan: Who Sounds Better?

I auditioned a pair of Klipsch Palladium 39's with a pair of Martin Logan's top of the line speakers.The Klipsch won hands down.The Logans had very weak bloated bass and did not image nearly as well.
  12. Johnlw7

pandora is great!

I like Slacker Radio better.Their sound quality is better than Pandoras and their Blues and Jazz stations kick butt.
  13. Johnlw7

What's your strategy for hunting for vintage receivers?

Read the obits.Just kidding
  14. Johnlw7

Best speakers dollar-for-dollar?

Altec Model 17 or 18.They have the absolute best imaging and reproduction of vocals I have heard.They do not have the lowest bass but they are a great bargain if you can find them.
  15. Johnlw7

Info on Grafyx SP-8 Speakers?

Great Speakers.They are really smooth and dig deep for an 8 inch woofer.They were only in business for 4 years in he 1970's.
Back
Top Bottom