Recent content by jorb

1. jorb

Looking for a laptop that has High Volume Level ?

That is a pretty cool machine. Thanks I like the Dell XPS-15 L502x, I wish they still made it. I'm a little nervous about buy used gear. The $600 budget I know isn't going to get me much, but I can't believe they don't make many direct firing speaker laptops for that amount of money. Thanks...
  2. jorb

Looking for a laptop that has High Volume Level ?

I'm looking for a 15" laptop with a good amount of volume level, with built-in direct firing speakers. A built-in sub-woofer would also be great. Most laptops built today have the speakers on the bottom. Laptops that have the bottom down firing speakers, loose volume level when there is no...
  3. jorb

Email notifications

Can they make it send a email notification for every single comment, I'm already nuts.:rflmao:
  4. jorb

Email notifications

I have that preference checked but do not receive a notification every time replies to the thread.
  5. jorb

Email notifications

When you have checked the boxes Watch this thread.and receive email notifications, Why doesn't the forum software send you a email notification every time someone posts a reply to the thread?
  6. jorb

Finally, Electro Voice Sentry III

I think they might have changed the compression driver or diaphragms on the series II. 1824M (New and OLD) and 1824s,1823 Old, 1823 New, 1823M Old, and 1823M new I really can't tell tell you, what changing the resistors does, both series I & II crossover points are still the same. 600hz &...
  7. jorb

Also on the original Sentry III woofers they didn't use the paper gaskets. Here is another pair with older frames. (check pic) Those frames look like they are a EV SRO 15 inch woofer with a different magnet. (check pic) For a bonus I attached the original Sentry III and Sentry III series II...
  8. jorb

Those are the correct woofers. I ran into the same problem but in a different way. I bought them on eBay and the pictures that were posted were looking down at the cone from the top. I ask the seller what the stamped on numbers were. He said 815-9062, so I bought them. I didn't ask for a side...
  9. jorb

Looking for Electro Voice Sentry III Speaker Port Length

totem Thanks for the Kudos' The below image is how I built the cabinets out of solid core doors, I removed all the wood with a dado blade up to the 1/8 " veneer. Then I routed out where the port boards go. On the brown and blue colors, I applied carpenters grade glue. The top, sides, bottom...
  10. jorb

Took me a couple minutes to figure out what I was looking at. This is what I was talking about how the cabinet maker was cutting corners. They should have used a side wall board that was 1 13/16 inches wider. Or at lease match the the port divider board length. 9 1/4" They did that because...
  11. jorb

Take look at the below picture. Looking at the Top View drawing Is A and B two different lengths? They both should be 9 1/4 inches long on the inside or close to that. When you add the front baffle thickness 3/4" you get 10" total port length. D The ports should match the openings, from the...
  12. jorb

Thanks for the info. And the precise measurements. I really appreciate it. I have come to the conclusion that the port/vent measurements that EV sent me are for the Sentry III series II cabinets. The other thing that I realized is the front baffle 2 port opening measurements are really...
  13. jorb

I posted this on one of your recent threads. You CAN use the SEQ on the Sentry 500's also. You might be able to use one SEQ box for both the Sentry III's and 500's What part of WI did you find the blonde Sentry III's
  14. jorb

To make a EV Sentry III woofer. An EV15L or 15B frame may be re-coned with the DL15W cone kit. Read this POST This is the 2nd person that I heard say that.
  15. jorb

Sorry about the misunderstanding. What I meant to say was: What is the width and height dimensions of the 2 Front baffle port openings? What is the inside height dimension of the lower port ? To better understand what dimensions I need check out thie below picture. A. Front baffle ports...
Back
Top Bottom