Recent content by JordanVA

1. JordanVA

Calling all Texans

I'm relatively new to San Antonio as well! I've recently learned about the River City Audio Society, are there also other groups or get togethers any of you can recommend here?
  2. JordanVA

Kenwood KX-800 repair

So in my efforts to learn more about the ins and outs of equipment I've taken a few steps. Joined AK, joined a local audio society, and I just took apart a Sony 5 disc cd player, and fixed a few issues it was having. I figure taking something apart, and putting it back together is a great way...
  3. JordanVA

New Budget System

Are there speakers you would recommend?
  4. JordanVA

New Budget System

Just looked up the PC-12, looks awesome!
  5. JordanVA

New Budget System

Thanks! Someone recommended SVS, and they looked awesome, but were initially out of my budget. Now that I'm keeping my old receiver they're an option! I'll check out HSU Research too
  6. JordanVA

New Budget System

After looking at it again I'll stick with the current receiver. It just doesn't have some of the new bells & whistles, but it seems to be a good receiver. My technical knowledge is very limited (which is why I'm hear trying to learn!)
  7. JordanVA

New Budget System

Not too worried about the surround sound, main focus is just a decent stereo setup. I have an Onkyo TX-8511, I thought maybe I should upgrade, but it works, so I could keep that and spend more on the sub.
  8. JordanVA

New Budget System

Hello AK! After trying many configurations in my new apartment I decided it'd be simpler to save up for new speakers than to try to make everything fit. After I made that decision, I decided to shoot for an entirely new setup. It will be for music and movies, but as far as sound preferences...
  9. JordanVA

Any Indianapolis audiophiles?

Thanks Greg! I appreciate the info!
  10. JordanVA

Texas! Sort of.

Thanks everybody! Not sure if the AK etiquette is to reply to each welcome individually or not :X
  11. JordanVA

Texas! Sort of.

Thanks!
  12. JordanVA

I know absolutely nothing.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Everyone has been very helpful :)
  13. JordanVA

Any Indianapolis audiophiles?

I actually just moved to San Antonio, and found this thread when I was searching for meets in SA. All I can find for the RCAS is a Facebook page though, and I don't have Facebook. Do you recall if there's another way to reach them or find information?
  14. JordanVA

Texas! Sort of.

Awesome! I'm actually in San Antonio.
  15. JordanVA

I know absolutely nothing.

Thanks for all the info man, I appreciate it!
Back
Top Bottom