Recent content by JosephL

1. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

Ok, I was going with audioregen's previous post with 100K ohm loading needed. If we can't do it simple, he'll just have to stay with DynaKit tubes and the Thorens 150 mk2 and one pair of speakers. Thanks Joseph
  2. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

Trying to keep it simple. Parts Express has three hybrid tube integrated. All have input impedence of 47K ohms minimal. Will work? Won't? Maybe? Thanks Joseph
  3. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

Instead of the Yamaha solid state, what if he used a the tube hybrid integrated amp? One of the $150 seen on Parts Express, Amazon, eBay, etc? Would that buffer? Thanks, Joseph
  4. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

I knew I would get an answer here. How would I do the buffer? Thanks Joseph
  5. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

Use the DynaKit 70 if he turns it on to drive his main speakers. Plug the DynaKit PAS 3 tape out into a plain everyday Yamaha receiver CD input, using the Yamaha as the power and volume for his second pair of speakers. So he can run either or both speakers, using the DynaKit PAS 3 to process the...
  6. JosephL

Preamp DynaKit PAS-3

My son has his grandfather's DynaKit 70 and preamp with new caps. Front end is a restored Thorens TD 150 mk2. Vintage and sweet. He wants to use the preamp DynaKit PAS-3 and run a second system. My suggestion was to use preamp tape out and plug into another's receiver CD(or tape in) input...
  7. JosephL

ELAC Miracord TT -share all about 'em

Original motor gromet from a Miracord 50H. Looking at making my own from some auto vacuum hosing. A continuing work in progress. Joseph
  8. JosephL

OE2, I think I've done enough to the plinth. With a Thorens TD-150 or 145, the Dynamat is easy. With all the mechanics, where is a bigger question? Joseph
  9. JosephL

Any recommendations for applying Dynamat to the Miracord top plate? Joseph
  10. JosephL

OE2, Not quite touching, and not bouncing. Thorens used to recommend replacing the springs on the TD-125 with their rubber mushrooms, for places like Studio 54. A work in progress. Joseph A mod easily reversed.
  11. JosephL

For taking the bounce out I put a half inch of surgical tubing into each spring. The same tubing used for attaching guitar pickups. Then a couple of 10-32 bolts to secure the top plate to the plinth. No bounce.
  12. JosephL

Old Ears, In a community where people are making massive plinths of plywood and MDF sandwiches for their Lenco, and slate for their Thorens 124, I glued the plywood on the plinth's underside and inside. With some plywood in the basement, a Dewalt, Titebond, and clamps, it was easy. It is more...
  13. JosephL

Thinking This SP 10 Is In Its Final Configuration- A Couple of Pics

From the 1971 Pig-topia. https://goo.gl/images/XK19bt
  14. JosephL

I recently ended up with a pair of Miracord 50H, a summer project. Starting with the plinths. From the outside, no change is visible. It receive a cleaning, Danish oil, and rub on poly. Under the top, 1 inch plywood is added. Then additional plywood inside, from 0.5 to 2 inches, except for the...
  15. JosephL

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

The restoration thread of my father-in-law's two motor AR. Serial number TT 00302 http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ar-xa-turntable-restoration-tt-00302.733653/
Back
Top Bottom