Recent content by Josey Wales

1. Josey Wales

Bogen db20 debut

Great work. I have two Bogen DB20's I'd like to recap. Any advice on what caps to use or possibly a parts list? Thanks.
  2. Josey Wales

David Bogen DB20 only 20 watts?

I wonder where you can get those legs on the bottom of the DB20?
  3. Josey Wales

JBL C38 Opportunity to Purchase. Need advice

I picked up a set of 5/16" furniture leg mounts that I'm going to use on the bottom of the cabinets where the original hole is for the original legs. I plan to leave the original leg mounts in place (inside the cabinets) in the hope that if I ever win the lottery, I will purchase a set and...
  4. Josey Wales

One other note. I set them up to a 6 watt per channel tube amp and they sound superb. Should I do a recap on the crossovers? it doesn't seem like there's any issue with the, now. If so, What caps would you recommend? Dayton Audio? Jantzen audio? Looks like (2) 6uf caps inside each crossover...
  5. Josey Wales

Awesome. I used to have a pair of original cone D130's and a pair of 075's but sold them during my divorce. The internals in these cabs are untouched. The cabinets themselves are beat up and have some water damage but i believe i can restore them quite well. I just acquired all of the materials...
  6. Josey Wales

My previous post didn't seem to go through. I purchased the legs that Drugolf recommended. They look pretty great and high quality. I'm hoping to recap the n2400 crossovers and I'm considering Jantzen Audio's caps but they're pretty expensive and I'm not sure which ones to purchase. Also, The...
  7. Josey Wales

So I ordered the legs that Drugolf recommended. I'm going to take out the components and get to work on the cabinets. I'll post some pics if anyone cares to see the progress. Also, I was wrong about D130's being in there. They are D 123's with 075's.
  8. Josey Wales

Bogen DB20 project with my son

I absolutely love this. I have two DB20's I was planning to restore as well. Absolutely awesome work! I might just have to get started this winter if i can find the replacements caps etc. Also, I see you have recapped a 500c. I'm about to recap a 500b. Any advice?
  9. Josey Wales

I'm going to begin a re-veneer. What kind of filler would anyone recommend to place in the area's where the veneer has chipped off before the overlay?
  10. Josey Wales

Thanks for the link Drugolf. hjames, yes. they are a pair.
  11. Josey Wales

Love the shirt in your photo by the way
  12. Josey Wales

Thanks for the replies everyone. Thank you Drugolf for the leg alternative. The originals are so expensive!! Sheesh. Hello, yes. it's a pair. I've always loved this design. They are compact for sure. I had a pair of C37's that were not original but very close to the C37 design. They had the...
  13. Josey Wales

fantastic! Thank you!
  14. Josey Wales

So I took a look at them last evening. The guy knew nothing about the history of them because he got them at an auction. He let me take them apart to inspect everything. Serial Numbers were one after the other as they should be. The internals (030 load) were immaculate. ohm readings were...
  15. Josey Wales

Thank you. heading out to see them now. We'll see how it goes.
Back
Top Bottom