Recent content by Josh Smith

1. Josh Smith

Today's JAZZ playlist

2. Josh Smith

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hope you get feeling better!
  3. Josh Smith

Supposed to get a good amount of freezing rain and snow dropped on us tonight and tomorrow.
  4. Josh Smith

Today's JAZZ playlist

Good morning and Good Friday!
  5. Josh Smith

Good morning and Good Friday! Nothing like a little bird in the morning.
  6. Josh Smith

I’ll have to look into that. I bet it does sound pretty good because even on YouTube it sounds pretty good through my system.
  7. Josh Smith

My kids started listening to this and usually they listen to a bunch of nonsense but when I heard “Go Flex” I went in and asked who that was. They both laughed and said I knew you might like that because the guitar solo in the beginning. Hits pretty hard on my sub!
  8. Josh Smith

John Lennon-Double Fantasy
  9. Josh Smith

Cheesy but fun, picked it up for $.25 and it looks like it was never played. I love these old albums for background music and they so so damn good. The way they used to make records back then was so much better than what they press out today. Smooth polished edges, sometimes 180g or 150g...
  10. Josh Smith

Scrubbing Bubbles bathroom cleaner for cleaning vinyl with amazing results.

Man I wouldn’t recommend this at all. We use scrubbing bubbles for its original purpose and I can asure you that it definately leaves a residue that turns chalky powdery substance on plastics even after you rinsed the hell out of it. I think it sucks the oil right out of plastic and leaves the...
  11. Josh Smith

New to turntables- a few inquires for a newbie

Omg, from the looks of that picture it’s either gunked up with a bunch of dust and god knows what or it’s worn to a nub. I would definately try to brush it off lightly to get a better look and if it still looks pretty much the same if replace it before it touched my good vinyl.
  12. Josh Smith

At81cp cartridge sounds good to me!

Well it definately won me over. I’m thrilled!
  13. Josh Smith

In praise (or not!) of the often-maligned aftermarket stylus!

I just made a quick review of the at81cp, yeah their lowliest cartridge in the p-mount lineup. I couldn’t find any review about this cart and most people talked them down because the specs suck on paper. For the price of a good steak dinner it cannot be beat. I’m comparing mostly to a ADC ser...
  14. Josh Smith

At81cp cartridge sounds good to me!

Just got my new cartridge today from amazon. There’s not many reviews on this cartridge and maybe it’s undesirable being a conical, and sits at the lower end of AT’s lineup of P-mount cartridges, but I must say, I am very happy with its performance. The specs aren’t anything to right home about...
  15. Josh Smith

Today's JAZZ playlist

Back
Top Bottom