Recent content by joshcronin

1. joshcronin

Sansui SM-80 Resto

Thanks! It's a pretty impressively built piece of gear. I'll be excited to get it up and running again. Serial number submitted!
  2. joshcronin

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Looks like this may be the first SM-80 on the list? SM-80, XF365, JCinOR
  3. joshcronin

YES! I get!!! SM-80 ! ;)

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear it's up and running. I'm hoping to have mine operational in the next few weeks, as long as the output transformers test good.
  4. joshcronin

YES! I get!!! SM-80 ! ;)

Very nice! Did you just leave the old can caps in place and mount the new caps underneath? What board did you end up using for the new caps? It looks really clean and nice! Most importantly, how does it sound?
  5. joshcronin

YES! I get!!! SM-80 ! ;)

Not sure if this is still active, but I just got my mitts on an SM-80 that I'm restoring. I may have some issues with an Output Transformer, but I'm going to recap and then go from there. If any of you have found any specs or manuals on this unit (I don't think they exist beyond the tiny...
  6. joshcronin

Sansui SM-80 Resto

Long time listener, first time caller! I've restored a few SS amps and receivers, but have been wanting to get my hands on a tube unit. I found an ancient SM-80 that was in tact, but very dirty and of unknown operating condition. I got it for $200 and the guy threw in a Toshiba tt that's...
  7. joshcronin

5000a F-6013 Output Transistors

That's a good point. I didn't, and they look pretty crusty. On one board, there's some sort of tape (looks like masking tape) under them, which would indicate that they'd been off the board at some point. They're pretty discolored, though. What would be a suitable replacement for those?
  8. joshcronin

5000a F-6013 Output Transistors

I just recapped a 5000a that has the upgraded F-6013 driver boards. I'd like to replace the driver transistors, as I've had some fuse-blowing issues and I also managed to overheat a couple of the resistors on that board that are associated with the transistor. The topic of replacement...
Back
Top Bottom