Recent content by jpaudio

1. J

Technics SU-V4A self oscillating problem

Hello again. Caps replaced, oscillator gone away! I replaced them with 56 pf. Original were 18 pf. I want o thank ecluser for valuable help. Regards, John
  2. J

Correct! I will try to replace suggested caps today and see. Thanks a lot for your attention and help.
  3. J

I meant tone control IC. It is not a driver obviously, sorry for my mistake...
  4. J

Where? You mean if I replace it mysel? Yes, I did it. Also I checked all other components around. I replaced electrolytic capacitors connected to STK too. I didn't check if the self oscillation were there before I replace the STK. I assumed faulty STK was the only fault... John
  5. J

Hi to all fellow members. Recently came to my hands a Technics SU-V4A amplifier with one of its power module dead. It is a STK8050. I replaced it with a new, knowing that is not original but I could do anything else. Now the amplifier is running but driving transistors are very hot and the front...
  6. J

Luxman 1000-D doesn’t start

Hi. I am a little lucky since I have them as spares from a closed Electronics store back in 2010. But you can find substitutes easily. Look at yellow "owl" books and take care of pins identification. Regards, John
  7. J

Luxman 1000-D doesn’t start

Long time since last reply. Better late than ever...Finally, I managed to repair my unit. It had the same behavior like initial post described, stand-by led on but no startup. Since I didn't find schematics, I measured around with DMM and Oscilloscope and I found out that initial Reset signal to...
  8. J

Sansui B-3000 repetitive failure at one channel

Drilling is not a problem...The only thing that maybe bothers is that both channels will have different shape transistors, in case someone opens and see... About idle current trim, no, I didn't replace it but I will certainly do.
  9. J

Hi. Thanks for reply. Transistors you proposed have different case. I assume I can use MJL-xxxx as they are plastic and can be installed easily. I do have a variac and in combination with Dim Bulb Tester will help a lot. Thanks again!
  10. J

It happened at the same channel. Yes, the whole output stage shorted. No, I didn't replace kC10-11. Anyway, I will try once more looking carefully the whole circuit. I will try to use reliable substitutes now. Maybe new, modern types from Toshiba or ISCsemi.
  11. J

Yes. About pin outs or PNP/NPN swap, no mistakes. Power transistors bought as original, SANKEN but not verified. I think is better to use same type but from a generic manufacturer (i.e. ISC semi) No, I have no bulb tester (I must build one urgently, are there instructions-schematic for this?)
  12. J

Hi. Thanks for reply. I replaced all components with same type ones. Also power transistors but I don't know if they are genuine... The resistors which burnt are the R14, R15 (150 Ohm) that connect power transistors bases together. Initially, I found some other resistors open but with no burn...
  13. J

Nobody has a clue about this amp and its problems? Are these failures common or happened to me only? I think it constructed too congested and pushed to its limits in order to produce such a power, without safe design and protection. Regards, John
  14. J

Hello to all fellow members and friends. This amp came to my hands from my cousin with one channel blown. I thought it was simple to replace burnt components but it was not so easy... I replaced all burnt ones, output transistors too, the amp started OK with idle current at recommended levels...
  15. J

TEAC CR-H500NT (combo unit) schematics wanted

Hello dear friends, I am looking for Teac CR-H500NT (or simple unit without Network player) schematics. Unit has burnt audio amp power transistors and two small resistors, R522, R545 that their values cannot be read. I would appreciate if someone can help, at least, with resistors values...
Back
Top Bottom