Recent content by jpoonilikit

1. jpoonilikit

ok kev i appreciate the reply...i just didnt know if it was safe to run all 4 of my sansui...

ok kev i appreciate the reply...i just didnt know if it was safe to run all 4 of my sansui sp-x800s on the G8000's power amp side, in connected mode, and with the audiosource amp on the pre out powering the boses...i thought i had to have it in disconnected mode to use the pre out on the big g...
  2. jpoonilikit

hey kev i have a question for you...i cant post threads yet for some reason, but anyways i have...

hey kev i have a question for you...i cant post threads yet for some reason, but anyways i have a sansui g8000 with four sansui sp-x8000 speakers hooked to it....i also have an audiosource amp 100 power amp hooked up to the pre out jacks on the side, which is running a set of bose am-5's....my...
  3. jpoonilikit

i cant post threads

i cant post threads
  4. jpoonilikit

Sansui g7000 protection circuit problem

that plug was plugged in crooked, so it is possible that one or two of the four pins was not making a connection, or more likely, making a poor connection since the receiver was working intermittently. the plug in question was always tight
  5. jpoonilikit

that's what I was figuring about the line voltage....Those fans I got in the living room are both over 50 years old. they are restored, but old and draw a good amount of power...plus I have knob and tube wiring in the living room (UUUGGHHH)!. might be that I just cant have them both running with...
  6. jpoonilikit

I did that, and after cleaning everything, wiggle tested that plug, the driver board, the relays, and everything else in the above mentioned problem areas, and no problems...it is powering up up as it should...as a matter of fact, im giving it a listen right now, playing the same song I had on...
  7. jpoonilikit

it was definitely in the receiver. I had everything unhooked and it acted up again, so I took out the driver board, cleaned all pins and the connector with some deox, shot a bit of deox in to the relays, the power switch, vol control, etc etc...also found a plug on the top of the driver board...
  8. jpoonilikit

That's what im thinking too...I just had a reputable tech I know right in Bellevue give it a once over and hes telling me everything is checking out fine on the receiver end. I just had everything de-oxed on it last year, so maybe ill give it a try and shoot some more de-ox into the pots and the...
  9. jpoonilikit

Appreciate it...I just checked all the speakers to make sure they weren't shorted...3 of them check out at 6.5 ohms at the terminals, and one checked out at 5.9....is 5.9 drifting too low and causing this?
  10. jpoonilikit

I measured it while it was out of protection mode
  11. jpoonilikit

it is lit green when working correctly, or it isn't lit at all. everything else still lights up regardless of if it is in protection mode or not...fm stereo light, all dial lights etc....funny thing is is that it actually reset itself again after about 5 tries of turning it off and on, and has...
  12. jpoonilikit

I will have to check the speakers asap....I think I may have been only running my A side speakers when this happened...I have speaker set A in my living room, and b has 1 speaker in each bedroom. I checked the dc offset and came up with -.07 on the right side and -0.00 on the left, so that...
  13. jpoonilikit

How do I check the bias and dc offset?
  14. jpoonilikit

im running 4 sansui spx-8000's and rated at 8 ohms each. The tech that restored it was a very reputable tech named Tom who owns Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh pa. The whole driver board was rebuilt, along with some capacitors in other places replaced too (about 50 caps in all I think). The heatsinks...
  15. jpoonilikit

I was just listening to my restored G7000 earlier tonight and at a reasonable level, when the protection circuit kicked in...I turned the g off 4 times, each time waiting a minute for it to reset...each time I turned it back on, I got no protection relay, but got all other lights...I tried to...
Back
Top Bottom