Recent content by jrockvideo

1. J

Dennis Murphy Pioneer SP-BS22-LR DIY Modifications

I scored my modified ones on Craigslist for $60 and have kept them for 3 years. Best deal ever. Bought another pair (bone stock) for $40 and gave them to a co-worker to use in his stereo system. Right now I’m playing around w some Boston acoustics cr-6’s and they are pretty sweet. I like...
  2. J

Pioneer PL-5 counterweight

Very helpful info, thank you so much for your help. I feel confident letting this turntable go to another person to enjoy now. Have a nice weekend and stay safe.
  3. J

Hi, yes I did that. Just thought it was weird because I have repaired a couple of these models along with the PL-4 and I remember the counterweight not having to be pushed all the way up. I had different cartridges on them too. This one tracks and sounds fine so if that's how it's setup to...
  4. J

Hi all, I have repaired this unit and got it running with the help of the members here. Auto return works, speed is steady but I’m having an issue of the counterweight having to be all the way up or else the arm slides off. I’ve played with VTF but it only works this way. I was thinking the...
  5. J

NAD 7140 Stereo Receiver

I think it was a YouTube video or someone's blog that I watched to take it apart, just go slow and take pics. Isopropyl alcohol did the trick. I guess you tried spraying it heavily w deoxit? This volume pot is used in a few of these NAD models so maybe a donor might be an option if you can't...
  6. J

NAD 7140 Stereo Receiver

A coworker was able to get it fixed by taking the pot out, disassembled the part and soaked it overnight in alcohol to get all the contacts clean. It was a chore to take apart but it’s been working great. Good luck.
  7. J

Definitive Technology bad plate amps, lots of them.

Got this response from Def Tech today. Looks like at home repair is the only option. Hello John, Thank you for contacting Definitive Technology, we value you as a Definitive Technology customer and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance! Unfortunately we no longer have replacement...
  8. J

Definitive Technology bad plate amps, lots of them.

Has anyone done this self repair and had success?
  9. J

Grado P-mount cartridge id needed?

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/goo-on-grado-stylus-cartridge-interface.517617/ Found the post. I will need to re-apply new goop, there wasn’t too much in there anyway. Learning lots of new things today.
  10. J

Cool, thanks for the advice and quick help. All I have are AT carts for my linears so it will be good to try another brand. Mine has lots of buildup gunk inside which will need to be cleaned up. I'll update when I get something new.
  11. J

Dots are silver, thanks Nashou. So for a replacement just search for Grado G body stylus?
  12. J

Hello all, I need help identifying this p-mount cartridge that came with a Technics SL5 linear turntable so I can get a replacement stylus. It also says L83 over by the pins. The Googles did not provide any info. Thanks all for your help.
  13. J

Dual 1219 repair advice

Ok nice, thanks. Will update the post w pics hopefully.
  14. J

Dual 1219 repair advice

Thanks for the advice. I also just need to figure out which models can use interchangeable parts.
  15. J

Dual 1219 repair advice

Hello all, I’m possibly interested in a 1219 that needs some fixing to get it running. I’ve read that this model is a pretty decent idler wheel Dual. I already have a 601 belt model that I fixed (speed issues with motor) and a 1229 that I partially repaired (old dried up grease) and sold...
Back
Top Bottom