Recent content by jsalk

1. jsalk

SMAC January 2012

Thanks to everyone who took the time to stop by our facility yesterday. It was great to see our hard-working team get to demonstrate their expertise and spend a little time in the spotlight. Hopefully everyone had a good time and gained a little insight into the effort involved in bringing...
  2. jsalk

Reflections

Thanks for the kind words. As for moving to Texas, I have certainly been shipping a lot of speakers there recently. But I think I'll stay put here in Michigan. Thanks for the offer though. It's nice to know I would be welcome. - Jim
  3. jsalk

Thanks to Everyone!

Thanks to everyone, especially Grumpy, who helped make this year's AK Fest the best to date. It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. We had a great time. I only wish I could have escaped our room to see and hear more of what was there. But there's always next year...
  4. jsalk

Thank You !

A heart-felt thanks to all who helped make the AK fest a great event. I was unable to attend last year, but am very glad I had the opportunity to display my speakers at this year's event. I've attended a few shows in the past, but this one was really unique. It felt like a famiy re-union...
  5. jsalk

Why a Break-in Period for Athena Speakers?

Celt - That is very interesting. What frequencies were most effected by longer a break-in period? Pete - This is exactly why I have such a dim veiw of auditioning speakers in a showroom. First, you don't have enough time to acclimate to the difference in sound quality. And, second...
  6. jsalk

heil amt's???

You tame a Heil by feeding it properly. With the right material, they really purr... - Jim
  7. jsalk

grumpy - It depends on scheduling, but at this point I am planning to attend. - Jim
  8. jsalk

gpdavis2 - Thanks. I fixed the link. I have actually posted here before, but haven't been here for a while. I received an email today saying my account had been validated. I assumed the administrators had installed a new version of the board recently and that is why I was "validated"...
  9. jsalk

heil amt's???

Manitoulin - Thanks. - Jim
  10. jsalk

heil amt's???

bolly - I only have this picture of the heil ATM driver. There were actually grills to cover the L22's as well, but the guy was in such a hurry to get these, I didn't have time to shoot any other pictures. - Jim
  11. jsalk

heil amt's???

oldhifiguy - Heil AMT are dipole drivers that serve as both a tweeter and midrange. They can be crossed as low as about 800, but are normally crossed at 1000 - 1200 Hz. You can purchase them new from ESSHeil for $300 per pair. This new version performs a bit differently than some older...
  12. jsalk

While each of us has opinions on this topic, here is my experience (your's may vary). There are basically two types of break-in where drivers are concerned. The first if mechanical break-in. Studies have shown that it takes about 20 minutes or so for a typical driver to "loosen up" and...
Back
Top Bottom