Recent content by justrideit

1. justrideit

Fun Factoid Of The Day

I stand corrected. What a horrible way to die.
  2. justrideit

Magnepan LRS plus crossover upgrade.

I don't know what the X variant is. I do know this upgrade is for the LRS Plus, not the LRS.
  3. justrideit

Fun Factoid Of The Day

I heard it was the lead they used in the hat band. The lead allowed the user to shape the hat to fit their head. Lead poisoning.
  4. justrideit

Magnepan LRS plus crossover upgrade.

GR Research has developed a crossover upgrade for this speaker as of yesterday 3/26/24. Anyone thinking about doing the upgrade? If so, will be interested in learning from those who do the upgrade their opinions on any sound improvements they hear. I have had these speakers for about 8...
  5. justrideit

Marantz 1030 and 1060 push buttons

Decided to order some push buttons and some rotary knobs from AliExpress. In a month they should be here. https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832781042400.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef1802nAwO1q&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa...
  6. justrideit

That's it.
  7. justrideit

Not sure. You would need to check the web site. Heads up, you will need to use a German to English converter. Just google one.
  8. justrideit

I found a supplier for the push buttons. It is EUROMAXX. A German company. I purchased 6 buttons for $77 which includes shipping. They make the buttons. They look nice. You can email them about the parts you are wanting and they respond within a day.
  9. justrideit

Has anyone found a pair of speakers and said "I'm done"?

LRS+ with 2, SVS subs. it's in my signature.
  10. justrideit

Help identify Altec speakers

Team's speakers were produced by a New York Company called Becker Industries, which at the time specialized in Private-label manufacturing. The cheaper lines Team carried were produced by Winona Industries in Minnesota.
  11. justrideit

Lots of Altecs at that Sioux city store. I commented on how big the VOTT's were and the manager said he sold a pair to a guy who lives in a trailer. Sounds like maybe Altec made a model for TEAM? And that's what I got.
  12. justrideit

Me and my younger brother both remember the speakers as being Altecs. I bought the system from TEAM Electronics in Sioux City, Iowa around 1972 or 1973. In 1976 I moved to Houston and I sold the system to my younger brother.
  13. justrideit

My first system, around 1973, consisted of a Marantz 1030 integrated, Dual 1219 TT with unknown cart and Altec two way speakers that could be called bookshelf in size. They had "slate" tops and bottoms. Looking down at the top of the speaker, it was shaped as such. The foam grill also stuck...
  14. justrideit

Luxman PD121 TT speed issue

Well, I was poking around the TT, moved some wires trying to see where they routed to. Then, for some reason I decided to check voltage and was able to set to 13.5. I was able to set the speed and verified that the ultraviolet light bulb is working. :wtf: I'm happy.
  15. justrideit

Luxman PD121 TT speed issue

I have attached the service manual for reference. My original issue was the strobe light not working. First thing I checked was in the alignment procedure, PB-650. The DC voltage is supposed to be 13.5 + or - 0.5v. It was 17v so I adjusted it to 13.5. I then checked the light fuse F101. It is...
Back
Top Bottom