Recent content by jwallace2011

1. J

Pioneer SX-850 No relay click

Update! I know it's been a while... After spring break everything's busy until the end of school. Just wanted to let y'all know that replacing Q5 worked like a charm! I used the larger packaged replacement markthefixer suggested from mouser.com. Soldered it in, matching the diagram on...
  2. J

Great! Q5 desoldered, diode test done. The only voltage detected was with positive terminal on base and negative on emitter. No other combinations detected voltage. Looking at mouser now. Is the larger packaged version the one listed here...
  3. J

Warm or cold? I'm going off the photo now: the receiver's at school.
  4. J

Thanks to all for such speedy responses! Markthefixer, I read through the links you included (even some of the wikipedia entry on transistors). Just one question before I start desoldering: what is Q5? I have the service manual, and I know where it is, but I want to make sure. On the...
  5. J

Hello, My name is Justin and I'm a band director. I was cleaning out the attic of our band hall and came across an old Pioneer SX-850 stereo receiver. I plugged it in, and unfortunately, I got no sound. All the lights work, but no sound. Actually, one day I plugged it in and the relay...
Back
Top Bottom