Recent content by jwjarch

1. jwjarch

Leestereo's Restoration/Upgrade Of A Sansui AU-717

Hey David, Are you planning on updating every board on your 717? Off the top I see your 820uf are too tall. I ended up using Nichicon PW caps - 647-UPW1J821MHD6 Also, I don’t see the 27k4 resistors on your list. Those are the only RN60’s I used. RN55 can easily go up to 1/4 watt for the rest.
  2. jwjarch

Musical Concepts or Qua-Co for DH 200

Thanks for the great tutorial z-adamson!
  3. jwjarch

Thanks for the feedback z-adamson. Sounds like very good customer service indeed. Some people will only do the work themselves and don’t want to touch something someone else has worked on. Glad to hear you’ve had good success with these kits. I’ll certainly keep them in mind.
  4. jwjarch

Hi z-adamson, Any measurements or listening impressions since you finished the aqua-co upgrades? Interested in restoring/upgrading my Uncle’s original DH-200.
  5. jwjarch

Onkyo A-7 Extensive Restoration

Just sent you a PM Paul.
  6. jwjarch

1060 - Purchased, now restoration

Have you tried a different source such as a BluRay, DVD, or CD player? Phone and PC don't always have a strong enough signal. Do you have the volume on the phone or PC all the way up? One more question: Are both channels equally loud (or not loud?)/ balanced? If they're balanced I don't...
  7. jwjarch

Thanks again Peter. Yes, the silkscreens on the boards are awesome and so helpful!
  8. jwjarch

Good luck on that A-10 Paul! If I ever come across one I'll see if I can snap it up. Curious to know how they would sound vs. each other. Do you have to replace the main caps? If so, what are you planning on using? Peter, I came across your blog some time ago and it gave me the confidence...
  9. jwjarch

Nice work! I guess the resistor isn't always applicable. :dunno: 32V may be close enough. I've read that it should be set to half of your supply voltage. You can measure that on pin J709 or J710, same thing. Have you listened to it yet or waiting to do the rest of the amp?
  10. jwjarch

No, the 150 ohm resistors are in addition to the pots at R729 & R730 and are soldered to the back of the board. Check out the photos in the link I posted earlier. I believe it’s to get a better range for bias adjustment. Seemed to work well for me.
  11. jwjarch

Paul, if I were you, I would ditch the old thermistor/resistor combos at H713 & H714 and replace with either a 1N4148 or 1N4448. Those may have something to do with your instability along with the proper pot values. Do you have any resistors soldered to the back of the board? Later 1060's had...
  12. jwjarch

Leestereo's Restoration/Upgrade Of A Sansui AU-717

Turnhig, for what its worth, here is my BOM for the restoration I did for my buddy. FYI, this doesn't include some of the transistors I replaced on the Preamp, amp, and phono boards. Edit: One more note. The 820uf caps for the power supply board do not fit. They are too tall for the space...
  13. jwjarch

Need Onkyo A-10 Board Layout Diagram

I've gone as far as getting the cover off, having a good look around, and starting a BOM to order parts. I'm not on any sort of schedule so it just depends how much free time I have and when I actually order the parts. I'm also trying to wrap up a Marantz 1060 restoration first. Polystyrene...
  14. jwjarch

Need Onkyo A-10 Board Layout Diagram

grey-beard, I'm going to start a restoration on an A-7 fairly soon. Interested to see if you have any luck getting the SM with board images. I can't find a SM with them for the A-7 either and am also VERY hesitant to shell out for one that may or may not have them. I'm thinking I might create...
  15. jwjarch

Nice progress Paul. I believe the old H713-H714 were thermistors with a resistor attached. This was a factory service item at the time. Now, these can be replaced with a 1n4148 or 1n4448 diode. No resistor needed and they don't need to be attached to the heatsinks of the driver transistors...
Back
Top Bottom