Recent content by kach22i

1. kach22i

Mark B's System

Congrats on picking up a Esoteric P-2.
  2. kach22i

That's Poisonwood!

Beautiful.
  3. kach22i

The Age Old Debate On AK. Spend Money On Speakers Or Spend Money On Upstream Electronics.

I perhaps could amend what I wrote to say low frequencies are the devil in room acoustics because the higher and upper mids are easily treatable. Saying the room is "important" is broad and general, getting more specific; energizing your room with non-sympathetic bass waves can ruin your...
  4. kach22i

The Age Old Debate On AK. Spend Money On Speakers Or Spend Money On Upstream Electronics.

Fly in the ointment, I don't see anyone including subwoofers into the list of importance. Some have distinguished the digital verses analog sources, could we........should be start breaking down the frequency reproduction spectrum? Should we include subwoofers, and then if so, why not include...
  5. kach22i

Adding a subwoofer and surround back speakers to a 2.0 system

I see the successful pattern of keeping equipment and subwoofers in the space between the two main loudspeakers below ear level, and as open as allowable per real life constraints. My opinion; the space in-between the speakers is as important as any other clearance (R & L speaker locations off...
  6. kach22i

I've always appreciated what you have been able to do with your listening room, creativity wins. Q1: An old argument is to switch off the subwoofer when playing vinyl albums because all you will be amplifying is the rumble because there are no recorded audio frequencies that low on an LP. I...
  7. kach22i

I'm talking a swing at trying to unravel the above statement. 1. Speakers 2. Room 3. Recordings (but what is SQ?) 4. Turntable 5. Digital Source 6. Amp 7. Phono Stage 8. Line Stage 9. Wire If the numerical list above is what nailer intended, I can agree it is a good list but mostly because if...
  8. kach22i

An old thread of mine (see below) with articles, white papers, videos, diagrams and examples for single subwoofer placement. Link to old thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/two-channel-stereo-subwoofer-small-room.907002/ In that thread you can see not everyone has the same...
  9. kach22i

Quantum Line Source, a new(er) Era Dawns...

Lots of hard work, looking good so far.
  10. kach22i

Ever demo your system for others?

I was going to say that it looks like a good room for headphones, but if you got it to work, the more power to you. They say an automobile is a terrible acoustic environment, but how many of us have enjoyed a good song while in the car? Anything can happen when it comes to psychoacoustics.
  11. kach22i

Vintage 1967 Built In High End Home Hi Fi

That is impressive documentation, thank you for posting this.
  12. kach22i

Vintage 1967 Built In High End Home Hi Fi

That is so cool, and no problem from me, I'm an architect. Congratulations on all the progress you have made.
  13. kach22i

TEAC/Schiit/Elac/Sennheiser/audioengine

If you are going to go desktop, that's the way to do it - nice.
  14. kach22i

My system now

Nice system, nice room, and you know how to place it all in the room for best acoustic results. Congratulations.
Back
Top Bottom