Recent content by kandetvara

1. K

Reels spinning in opposite directions (Pioneer RT-707)

Try a different tape - if the old tape you are using is sticky then you might see this problem. Had the same issue with my R2R - one tape wandered off the pinch roller at the beginning or when auto reversing. With new(er) tape from BASF or Maxell this problem was gone. Try either brand new tape...
  2. K

Largest Sansui Collections

They were produced under a couple of names - I have a Sony one which is (almost) the same: https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/show-us-your-sonys.52651/page-212#post-12358987 Or: Kenwood AX 1000; Aiwa SA-355/511 Or the Sansui...
  3. K

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

Sansui SC-737 - 524080673 - kandetvara
  4. K

What I learned on Craigslist

Yes it is - quote from one of the internet dictionaries (leo.org): "Just for fun, you might like to compare these others, which are also regular (-ed) in AE but irregular (-t) in BE (at least in older texts; some of them may now be changing in BE too, I'm not sure): burnt, dreamt, dwelt...
  5. K

Sansui FR 4060, Speed problem Solved!!

Yes - smartphone - but i never measured it. For me it sounds fine! I once played a record and listened in paralell to the same song on spotify - was close enough ;-)
  6. K

Sansui FR 4060, Speed problem Solved!!

Nothing - turntablebasics never came back to me and never answered my email. So had to stick to what I had.... Which were belts from Vintage Electronics. Bobs belts seem to need approx 6 months time to brake in - I havent measured the speed but I do not have the feeling that the turntable is...
  7. K

Thanks Pete - According to my knowledge most of - if not all units - in the 70ties were multivoltage. I just thought that its is funny that both units are so close to each other production wise - one went to Europe the other one to the US. They haven't produced that much of that gear... I moved...
  8. K

sansui sd 5050 reel to reel (my second one :)) serial # 242110134; kandetvara for what its worth - the one i reported earlier last year was produced for the US with 110 volts. The above one was produced for Europe and ended up in Germany in 1972 with 220 volts. The US one was produced in August...
  9. K

Fisher 800c tube replacement

Hi Larry - thanks again. I am currently travelling quite a bit - so I can't open the Fisher at the moment. The pictures on my HDD are not sharp enough. Will have to take the unit out once back at home. Now that I know what to look after, this will be easier. So at the moment I will not change...
  10. K

Hi Al - they are just fine and great - I just wanted to play around with the Tungsol and swap them to see if there is any change in sound... But Iearned now that i shouldn't do that without any precautions.... So I will leave the Tungsols in the cupboard and wait until the others dont work...
  11. K

Ok - please help... I can post another picture via external link for better resolution. Which one of the attached (above) would allow you to see what you are asking for / need to know? thanks!
  12. K

Hi Larry - thanks for your answer! It has been under the knife according to my knowledge. And no - I don't have any knowledge / experience on working on tube gear. Sending it out to work will be an issue - since I live in Germany and the Fisher is hardly known... I attach a couple of pictures...
  13. K

Hi there, just a quick question. I have a Fisher 800C which is working more than fine and I have a lot of fun with it. I got a matched set of 4* 7591A Tungsol tubes last week and I wonder if I can just swap the old tubes with the new ones - just for testing and having a look if it sounds...
  14. K

Sansui FR 3080 won't stop spinning.

Hi - not sure if I can be of any help but i'll try. I own an FR 4060 and what I read about the 3080 they are not simliar but the logic is the same. Initially the record player was always spinning as well . The complexity is the interplay between the seperated tone arm mechanism and the motor for...
  15. K

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

not exactly a solid state amp but a nice piece of equipment: the Sony System Selector MKII Needed some help and soldering but now its working as new... kandetvara
Back
Top Bottom