Recent content by Kayaker2001

1. K

HH Scott 222c headphone out

Thanks Jack. I’ll have to see if I can find a mod to fix that or resort to buying an external speaker switch. I did see that some folks think that you should make sure you use a “make before break” switch… Other saying really doesn’t matter. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  2. K

HH Scott 222c headphone out

My apologies for resurrecting this old thread. I have a 222C that appears to have the switched jack, with the 470 ohm resistors, yet my speakers (connected to the 8 ohm taps) still stay on when I plug in my headphones. Should that be the case? Does the circuit only correctly turn off the phone...
  3. K

Scott 222C capacitor layout

You lucky duck! I'm still making a restoration parts and equipment list, and watching YouTube videos on restoring this one. Hopefully I'll get moving soon! I'll definitely post here when I make some progress. Tubular Bells is a great (and demanding!) album to show what your system can do...
  4. K

Hi Steve, Thanks! I'm really looking forward to hearing it sing! I'm happy to hear how much you like the 299C! It seems pretty similar to the 222C. The refurb seems pretty daunting, but there's a lot of on-line information on it. I was an electronic technician in my distant past, so I'm...
  5. K

Ten years later, I hope it's OK to resurrect this thread to say THANK YOU!!! to johnpilgrim, for these diagrams. I just rescued a 222C from our town dump's electronics recycling shed and this will save me a TON of time! John, if you're still here, what values (ohms/watts) did you use on...
  6. K

Dynaco A-25 find

Thanks again for all the comments. These things are nearly perfect. The veneer edges are sharp, with barely a scratch to be found. One cosmetic annoyance is how the grill cloth has rectangular dark areas (tobacco smoke?), and lighter spots where it touches the grill frame. You can see it in my...
  7. K

Dynaco A-25 find

Thanks for the comments guys. I’m always jealous of the folks here that find treasures. Maybe these aren’t all that, but a pleasant surprise. I did try to take the grills off with a putty knife. There’s stuck pretty solid. I’ll leave them go for now. Listening to Miles Davis, right now. Sounds...
  8. K

Dynaco A-25 find

Just here to gloat! This afternoon I found these at our town transfer station in the electronics disposal shed. They look and sound fantastic! Why in the world they threw these out is beyond me! I know they’re supposedly just “mid-fi” but they match my system perfectly! I tried to get the...
Back
Top Bottom