Recent content by kazarkazam

1. K

Akai Gx747 Reel Motor Lubrication Advice Needed

Looks like the counter is driven by the tension arm wheel and not the reel motor. Without tape on the machine, holding the tension arms in the proper place to activate the motors, and going into ff or rwd, the reel motors sound noisy to me. Again, the counter is not active with this test. Can...
  2. K

The take-up reel makes the most noise. Is that were the counter wheel is?
  3. K

Yes, it is only on ff and rw. I'll check the lubrication on the slotted counter wheel.
  4. K

Recently acquired one of these decks and the reel motors are a bit noisy and sound like they need lubrication. Wondering if anyone has had any experience with these motors? 1). Does the motor have ball bearings? Can it be lubricated or does the bearing have to be replaced and if so, does...
  5. K

Pioneer SD-1000 Audio Scope M6526B1B Tube

Thanks so much for the help and advise.
  6. K

[ Just to be clear, I can use the 75AKB1 in place of the M6525B1B in the Sd-1000?
  7. K

I have a Pioneer SD-1000 Audio Scope with a dead CRT. It is the M6525B1B CRT according to the manual. I have seen on another post that you can use the CRT from a Leader LBO-310 or 310A in place of the M6525B1B. I have these Leader scopes and one has the 75AKB1 CRT (which happens to also be...
  8. K

Kenwood L-07MII Output Transistors 2SC2337/2SA1007 vs. 2SC2337A/2SA1007A

Thanks for the advice. I'll get to work on replacing those outputs very soon. Now for the task of looking for another L-07MII to mate up to the one I have:)
  9. K

I did set the bias to minimum with the NTE devices. After warming up, I did have to turn the bias all the way up to get to the required 25mV of bias. Do you think I have a bias problem? I'm in the United States. I set the power supply pot per the manual to the required 60V. Do you still...
  10. K

Can I use the 2SC2337/2SA1007 in a Kenwood L-07MII amp I'm resurrecting as opposed to the 2SC2337A/2SA1007A (A version) that was originally in it? Backstory. I inherited one of these beauties and all of the output transistors were shorted along with the drivers. Repairs: I have replaced the...
  11. K

Mitsubishi DT-4700 cassette deck (need some help)

Did you ever find out the problem with the auto stop? I have a DT-10 deck, pretty much the same deck as the DT-4700, with the same problem. Having a hard time finding a manual.
  12. K

MR-71 In Stereo mode, output is mono

Update. Thanks again Terry and all for help and advice. Ordered the optocoupler and will report once received and installed. 2 quick questions. 1). I noticed that the stereo light stays on when the tuner is switched to mono. Is this normal? 2). It looks like if you do the...
  13. K

Thanks again Terry. I hooked up a 100 ohm resistor across the CDS cell side and low a behold, stereo audio is present at the outputs. Looks like a bad opto coupler. Any idea where I can find a replacement or should I try to rebuild it? Also, my tuner serial # is 24B62. Does it need the...
  14. K

Good advice all. Terry, you bring up a good point about he opto-coupler. A voltage check on the light bulb side of the coupler shows that it is tracking fine to the stereo light at 6.3V. On the variable resistor side of the coupler, it shows little voltage change as you tune on a frequecy...
  15. K

Happy New Year AK! While playing my beautiful MR-71, I noticed that in the stereo mode with the stereo light on with a strong station, the audio coming out of the tuner is in mono. History: Recently notice that the stereo light was intermittent and then it went out completely. I replaced...
Back
Top Bottom