Recent content by keilau

1. keilau

High gain opamp based preamp for low output MC cartridges.

I am keenly aware of your design approach and in total agreement. I embarked on various audio projects since I retired 4 years ago, which are mostly posted at DIYAUDIO. I chose the linear PSU and separated chassis because I have all the parts at my work bench and the 2 chassis approach is much...
  2. keilau

High gain opamp based preamp for low output MC cartridges.

Drilling holes for the XLR jack on thick aluminum panel should be very easy with the right tool. I prefer a 24mm carbide tipped hole cutter over a Greene hole punch on thicker panel of softer (AL) material...
  3. keilau

Cartridge/Stylus Advice - Grace 707

The Grace F8's are more a contemporary of the Grace G-707. They match well. The later Grace F9 have low compliance and are meant for higher mass tonearm such as the current Technics or Jelco. The Vinglengine website has good database and tool to check compatibility...
  4. keilau

Cartridge/Stylus Advice - Grace 707

The most important consideration should be the compatibility with the Grace G-707 which is an ultra light weight tonearm. You need a cartridge with a dynamic compliance of 15 x 10-6cm/Dyne or HIGHER. The Audio Technica and Grace F9 mentioned are poor match to the 707 due to their low compliance...
  5. keilau

Where to get genuine Thorens TD-125II belt. Standard belt not working right.

When you run the TD125, do you see the drive belt (4 or 5 mm) rides near the top of the pulley as shown in Dave's belt changing video (linked in Post #25)? I always found the 4 mm belt runs a hair slower than the 5 mm belt, with everything else equal. It is not a problem for the TD-125 with the...
  6. keilau

How did you position the belt to the middle of your pulley and make it stays there? Mine always slip off the middle of the pulley. Your belt has the same logo and width as mine. But according to Dave, it is normal.
  7. keilau

I have been a Thorens turntable owner for more than 20 years. I copied the original Thorens part Z6800574 specification from the Thorens website in the early years. You cannot just tell me that they were wrong. No, NOS drive belt does not work because rubber material ages. I expect you to know...
  8. keilau

I found this drive belt with the same dimension as the original Thorens part Z6800574 at the Thakker.eu site. It is made by GID, not Thakker. Is it any good? https://www.thakker.eu/en/belts/on-size/flat-belt-a-160-0-x-5-0-x-0-7-circumference-502-mm/a-83/ Audiofreak71, ehoove, Ilikevinyl, do...
  9. keilau

I got another email and a replacement belt today. I measured the replacement belt before I put it on the TD125. It is the correct 502 mm and has the "Thorens" logo on it. The turntable plater still slows down slightly, but much less than with the first belt from Rutherford Audio. I am not sure...
  10. keilau

Dave, I got an reply yesterday from Rutherford Audio quoting one of their customer which, I suspect, is you. Attached picture of marking on the belt that I received from Rutherford Audio. It is very stretched to 521 mm as I measured this morning. I suspect that they sent me an old used belt...
  11. keilau

Technics EPA tonearms

I found this product brochure from the mid 1970 that may answer your question. The EPA-101, EPA121 and EPA-102 were Technics' Plusarm series marketed to complement the Technics SL-110 and SL-120 turntables. They do not have the dynamic damping and ruby bearing in the EPA-100 and were simpler...
  12. keilau

Try this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thorens-TD-160-Genuine-Thakker-Belt-Turntable/123813219130?epid=9034984981&hash=item1cd3d7cb3a:g:LcAAAOSwqaBdEL9W
  13. keilau

I believe that the TD-125 pitch control is for fine tuning the speed, NOT for compensation of inferior belt. Even if I can speed up the plater, it is an indication that the new belt had some slippage. For the TD-125 too!
  14. keilau

I captured the table in PDF from the HiFi Heaven website. Rutherford Audio and Q Audio use the same table. And all these 3 outfit claim to be authorized Thorens dealer. Where can I find something that is currently official from Thorens?
  15. keilau

The specification for the Z6800574 belt for the TD-160/TD-125 etc. was 0.7 mm thick and 4.8-5.2 mm wide for many years. Do you know when it was changed to the following table?
Back
Top Bottom