Recent content by keithlp

1. K

Garrard Zero 100 - Noise when tonearm lifts

These aren't the smoothest or quietest cycling tables even when working correctly. There is supposed to be a o-ring at the bottom of the platter in the groove above the cogs. Yours is probably gone or very deteriorated by now. It helps a lot to smooth the cycle but it will still be somewhat...
  2. K

Sony STR-6046 right channel louder

You're welcome and good to hear it's working again. I think I may have trouble with the monitor switch as well. Good unit, I've had mine since the mid seventies and no problems except for dirty switches. Don't use it much now, it's one of my back up units.
  3. K

Sony STR-6046 right channel louder

This is probably not causing your problem but it is worth looking at. I have a STR 6046 and a few years ago it was having some issues with it, can't remember exactly what it was doing. There is a sliding switch on the back that disconnects the amp from the preamp. It was dirty so I used Deoxit...
  4. K

Sources for a Dual 1229 strobe “sticker”?

I did something similar with my 1009 and 1226. I taped white leader tape to the platter rim. I had a printed strobe on the platter and made a crude jig that went from the spindle to the rim for making the strobe marks lining it up with the strobe marks on the platter. I use a strobe light app on...
  5. K

Garrard Zero 100 turntable ( any good ) ?

Here’s two shots of the stacking spindle for my Zero 100c.
  6. K

Sony STR-6046

It's been a few years but I think I removed the wooden cover and sprayed Deoxit into the switch.
  7. K

Sony STR-6046

I believe there is a slide switch on the back for separating the amp from preamp. I had trouble with that once but cleaning it solved the problem.
  8. K

A4300sx won't record on left channel

Thanks for the reply Tonoje. I had suspected the record mode switch from the start and Deoxited the switch with no success. I decided to try to clean it again today and I guess second time is the charm. It's working perfectly now. I sprayed it with S5 and I think I'll leave it in the on position.
  9. K

A4300sx won't record on left channel

I have a A4300SX with a recording problem. A few months ago I tried recording with it and it wouldn't record on the left channel. I had been playing it regularly but I hadn't recorded with it lately but had been recording before with no issues. I used Deoxit on the switches, it has an input...
  10. K

Wow! Garrard Zero 100

There is another thing you can do that might help to smoothen the changer cycle. On the very bottom of the platter, right under the splines, are two grooves. The top groove is supposed to have what the service manual parts list calls a cushion ring. I can't remember if there was even a ring on...
  11. K

Auto-Reverse Foil Tape:

You could try cleaning the sensors and the foil with alcohol. I've had it happen a few times when the tape didn't reverse and it seemed like the foil was not completely clean.
  12. K

Auto-Reverse Foil Tape:

I have a 266D which I think is basically the same as yours. The reversing sensors are located in the tape guides on each side of the head block, the right side one is in the tape tensioner arm. They are split with an insulating washer between them. When the foil goes over them it connects them...
  13. K

KLH tweeters. Which are the same as the model 5?

I think the main physical difference between the 5/ 23 and the 6/17 is the two plates on either side of the magnet. On the 5/23 the plate closer to the speaker is thinner than the top plate. On the 6/17 the plates are of equal thickness.
  14. K

Noise from Garrard Zero 100 platter.

The slide in headshell is known for problems. The contacts have to be really clean. I used to have trouble with mine then I finally bought a new one from ebay although you should try cleaning yours first.
Back
Top Bottom