Recent content by Ken G

1. K

Lasonic boombox new in box

Actually these were pretty good quality for the most part . Look at todays latest same type things , now those are bad . Yep one day this will hit the bay as i already have a super nice one with no box and the repro . The older repro sounds better than all the old ones , more bass .
  2. K

Yah they seem common but not new in box . I walked into a rummage sale ''late'' and saw this sitting there for 5$ . I remember these and others for sale in flea markets up in Portland Oregon when i was a kid . I like the big boom boxes . The 931 is pretty much an american icon . Its surprising...
  3. K

I just found a Lasonic boombox still in its box . It looks like new and all works . I found the older repro in box last year and thought that was impossible . This one is an old original .
  4. K

Musty Smell Filling Up Room

Musty smell is very hard to get rid of . I have delt with it on furniture and old radios . A very nice guy i know told me he puts all musty paperwork , books & stuff in the microwave oven and it kills the mold and dries out dampness . I dont know how long he leaves them in . Probably 30...
  5. K

Vinyl Adventures!

Yep .. Its fun finding these . I dont usually get boxes full but this came along cheap . I dont care much for the hard rock stuff . I like femail artists the best . Alot of this is childhood memorys . I like the Foghat stuff still !
  6. K

Vinyl Adventures!

I have taken a new interest in LP album records in the last year or so . I got lucky one day in a TS where records are 4 for 1$ . I was suprized to see a copy of Expose first album in mint condition .. Madona , Donna Summer x 2 , Dyan Diamond , Pat Benatar X2 , Debbie Gibson X2 , Janet Jackson ...
  7. K

Wood Glue as Vinyl Cleaner

I have been using Westleys Bleech Wite to clean records .
  8. K

Warped records!

All you need is a warped turntable to play those
  9. K

Old channel master T.T.

Well thanks everyone for responding and looking . It works real good but unfortunately it has idler wheel drive . The wood looking strip under the arm `is` real wood anr removable . The arm rest post is a motor stop switch . I dont know if a ``16 would fit ? never thought of that . Its made...
  10. K

Old channel master T.T.

This is one i had been using because it has 78rpm on it . Its probably 50`s or 60`s vintage . Channel Master model 6653 . I have yet to find another on the net or even any info on it . Its old but it sure resembles the fancy high end T.T`s with the big long arm and weight adjust and fully...
  11. K

I don't understand you Tuner guys........

I agree with all those who listen to NPR . Its a very great format without commercials . I cant listen to commercial radio anymore here because they repeat the same exact local commercials far to often . However i will listen to regular tuner radio if i`m sitting with the radio so i can...
  12. K

What is your most hated AV design

Screw on cable or antenna connectors . Some products put these jacks in so far or next to plastic or put plastic things so close to these you cant get fingers to turn them . The little center wire is easy for some people to bend over in the cable end . I have replaced hundreds of these that got...
  13. K

Satellite radios

I guess i will start it . I have been with XM for 2 years and would not trade it for any MP3 or other ipod type device . It has more music choices than i can get to . I do wish XM would pay more attention to their products like ipod does . XM`s tuners are great but there portable boom box type...
  14. K

Pioneer tube receiver

I just picked up a Pioneer FM-P300 receiver and dont see much about it on the net . It is a mono type radio with a SW band . Tell me what you know about these . I got it playing pretty good but have not fully restored it yet . It has 2 knobs missing . Is anyone here a ``hi fi``knob source ...
  15. K

My VCRs don't work!

What does not work ? Explain what does happen . It could be the tapes clogging up the heads . If a brand new one didnt work i would try them ou on another tv set where you can see the wiring real good .
Back
Top Bottom