Recent content by Ken Hicks

1. Ken Hicks

Any Pinnacle fans out there?

I have AC850s. Love them.
  2. Ken Hicks

Pinnacle PN8+

You should contact Pinnacle directly. They have awesome customer service. My AC850s developed a whooshing sound when I would first turn the amp on. They had me return the woofers to have something done to the voice coils. They guy asked me what color was the dome on the tweeters "Oh, you got old...
  3. Ken Hicks

JBL L112 the story

I bought some L-112s in 81 or 82 when I was in Okinawa in the USMC. I was pushing them with an Onkyo M5090 250wpc amp and a Yamaha C4 preamp. Sources were a Denon DP60L turntable and a Nakamichi 680ZX tape deck. I would give anything to have that system back.
  4. Ken Hicks

(Kinda) Home Made Speaker Concept

So..... I was thinkin', what if I took my little Realistic/RCA speakers (with the Linneaum tweeters) and built some bass cabinets with some drivers and crossovers in them? I could turn the first picture into something like the second picture. But where do I start to source a decent driver and...
  5. Ken Hicks

My Musical Journey

Right.
  6. Ken Hicks

My Musical Journey

56 years old, started really getting into music in H.S. My aunt is Bonnie Bramlett (Google her). I was on stage with Eric Clapton (among others) when I was 7 or 8 but it was past my bedtime so I didn't give a rat's ass about it. I always like the heavier stuff in the 70s like Black Sabbath...
  7. Ken Hicks

Gotta start somewhere...

Getting back into it.
  8. Ken Hicks

Gotta start somewhere...

Don't really have enough "time in" with it yet but I'll keep you posted.
  9. Ken Hicks

What got you into audio, the music or the technology of sound reproduction?

I remember getting a little portable cassette recorder in 7th grade ('73) and thought it was pretty cool recording songs from the radio - I distinctly remember recording Chicago's Feeling Stronger Everyday. A few years later I acquired a step-dad that was sort of an audiophile. He had a little...
  10. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

Sweet!!!!!
  11. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

The inside of the legs are hollow so I drilled into the top of each shelf and glued in wooden dowels right at the inside corner of each leg. You can lift each level off of the next but they don't move around because of the "locating pins".
  12. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

Lots of room behind the amp to hide a little fan which is the plan.
  13. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

Detachable legs/mitre saw.
  14. Ken Hicks

Homemade Audio Stand

I made this today out of three $8 Ikea Lack end tables. I already had one in the attic so I got two more today and viola! Turns out that my idea is not original as you can Google "ikea hacks" and see some exactly like mine. I'm pretty pleased though for about $25 in materials. Tomorrow I'll...
  15. Ken Hicks

Gotta start somewhere...

Ortofon OM 10.
Back
Top Bottom