Recent content by KentTeffeteller

1. K

How many members use reel to reel decks here ?

Crown does not nor ever made an auto-reverse machine. That is not a Crown thing. Crown machines are professional quality and those type machines save for background music reproducers do not need that feature. Scully's 14" capable 270 reproducer could have it but most did not.
  2. K

Russco Cue Master build

Glad yours is working. And posted this as a resource for Russco, Gates, QRK, and related turntable owners.
  3. K

Russco Cue Master build

Your motor is a Bodine motor. Find a nearby motor shop who deals in industrial motor repairs, they can repair/rebuild it. It's the same motor used to power large town clocks. Best wishes on getting this classic back to health.
  4. K

Has the USPS Lost Its Mind?

Disclaimer, my Brother is retired from Knoxville USPS (Weisgarber), and my sister works there.
  5. K

Rondine b12h idler wheel and grommet replacement

Idler wheel is rebuild only. Gary Stork at the voice of music can help you, he also may have rubber grommets.
  6. K

need tape out

Get a switch box which allows you more tape recorders.
  7. K

Internet rumor: Koetsu has ceased operations?

Note: Some of the new JBL reissue speakers are very quality. Currently, Samsung has maintained JBL quality on those. The JBL headphones are also excellent and sound like JBL!
  8. K

Old vinyl quality nostalgia

Agreed, Prestige was a major offender. And also, some labels also had dodgy pressings even New Old Stock, unplayed. Some perspectives: Several years ago, a cutout dealer in Nashville's stock was purchased by McKay Used Books. I acquired a good number of records still sealed, some re-sealed, some...
  9. K

How "analog" can digital music sound?

Modern digital is excellent. Biggest issue keeping it from being it's best. The mastering and the lack of dynamic range sufficient to let the music live, breathe and not be fatiguing to hear. This is especially true post 1992.
  10. K

"AM Stereo" - The Forgotten, but Perhaps Superior Medium

Personally, as far as AM Stereo was concerned. I liked the Harris system the best. Kahn was also excellent. If the FCC had not dragged their feet and legalized AM Stereo in 1974, and chosen one system, I feel like AM Stereo would have succeeded!
  11. K

Distortion on First Track of New Record Side A Only

A note: There is some baked in distortion on this recording on that track. It's not your setup!
  12. K

What deck would be as good or better than a mod'ed Nakamichi CR-3A ?

On cassette: Point well taken! So reliable, I've never had one apart in the day. With age, understood!
  13. K

Distortion on First Track of New Record Side A Only

Which cartridge? Big part of why. What tracking force used? Is the stylus genuine?
  14. K

CONICAL LOVE -Who loves running a conical needle on a cartridge most don't???

A man who thinks like I do. I usually do stay in a conical state of mind.
  15. K

Otari MX5050B-2HD repair project questions

BASE (Bay Area Studio Engineering) has the Otari manuals for free download. Hope this helps you!
Back
Top Bottom