kenwood61 was last seen:
Sep 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    1. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      Thanks Butch! My email is: vintagehifinut (at) gmail (period) com
    2. beej
      beej
      Hey Matt,
      Shoot me an email address and I'll send you a guide on how to take that baby down and that reassemble it. No biggy whatsoever.
      Butch
    3. 131east23
      131east23
      Hey... Our new number is 503-844-4247.

Blake
    4. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      Very interesting, and you have NOT failed me :) I'll have to check into that. I bet if I found one that would do it, they could consider me a test, if some of those guys wanted to make some money for more.
    5. squidboyw
      squidboyw
      This is Squidboyw - I failed you. A better option is to check at your local tech college. A case of beer for the instructor may get you the same cones a lot less than a machine shop. DO use naval brass - the lower the lead level, the better your cones will sound.
    6. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      I'll have to check tomorrow. I gotta hit the hay . . . can you send me that link on my email?
    7. 131east23
      131east23
    8. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      Hey John,

You probably figured I forgot about this, eh? :) I've been sick for about 3 weeks, and finally catching up on projects around the house. I hope to start on the Pioneer cleaning this weekend, and get done in about 1-2 weeks time total. I really want to fire this up and check it out! I'll keep you in the loop.

Matt
    9. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      Good thoughts. I'll see if I can get the bulb tomorrow and update you.
    10. jgmacv
      jgmacv
      Just read your post Matt. That's what I did orginially on those bulbs, I used a good one from a donor unit that worked, and checked it against the leads. Also, be sure that the function buttons are properly engaged. For whatever reason, alot of the SX fluro units always have the 8v wired bulbs burnt out. I had to replace 5 on an SX-3700 some time ago.
    11. kenwood61
      kenwood61
      thanks John! I just posted a thread about the lights. I did some checking with my DMM and unless I'm doing something wrong or not taking certain electronic fundamentals into consideration, the bulbs in my FM and AUX may be okay. I didn't get a reading on those at the circuit board. Also, the FM lights, there are two, each have two wires . . . the black wires from the lower bulb give a reading. Only one of the white ones gives a reading, but not when I'm touching the other wire at the c/b, but when I touch another white wire that goes into the fm section below the top c/b. Anyway, I don't want to go buying lights until I know that will solve the issue. I could buy one light with wires and test at each of the leads . . .
    12. jgmacv
      jgmacv
    13. jgmacv
      jgmacv
      Hello Matt
    14. jgmacv
      jgmacv
      Thought you might enjoy a pic of my SX-D5000s. I was able to get both pretty cheap. The top one has the walnut sides also, but like to switch the look. The 5000s don't have a tone control switch, and the slider knobs don't have lights. These are 80 wpc and sound just as good as the 7000s.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Hope you enjoy!

John
  • About

Home Page:
    https://spanglercreative.com
    Creative Director / Web Designer
    motorcycles, woodworking, playing music and the great outdoors

Signature

Sansui TU-9900 + CA-2000 | Parasound HCA-1500 (x2) | AR XA + Rega RB250 | Nakamachi Dragon + LX-3 | NAD C 521i modified | Vandersteen 3A