Recent content by Kevbo

1. Kevbo

Loud, Low Hum When Marantz Turned On

These were perfect! They fit the buck on each and ever one!
  2. Kevbo

Just wanted to let everyone know that my dad and I replaced the 8 capacitors on the power supply and the humming is gone. Seems to have been the issue! Thank you so much everyone for the help. I really appreciate it. This is the second issue I've had and this forum came to the rescue right...
  3. Kevbo

Yes, I have. Same issue. Good point, though. Thank you.
  4. Kevbo

Awesome! Great advice. Thank you!. Should prove interesting to attempt. hahaha
  5. Kevbo

Here are pictures of the capacitors on the PSU....I think it's the PSU. haha I did orient them for a good view on my computer. I fear uploading them may have rotated them again. Let's hope not.
  6. Kevbo

Great information!! Thank you very much! My father is really good with soldering, so he will be accompanying me (whether he knows it or not), haha. I do want to learn to solder though, so I will work on that. And yes, we have found that Marantz seems to be labeled incorrectly once in a while...
  7. Kevbo

Wow! Thank you so much. My father had recommended Mouser as well. I will be checking these out later today after work! Again, I can't thank you enough. I'll be in touch!
  8. Kevbo

Attached is the PSU diagram for my 2240B. With this information and the below website, am I am to find replacements here? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for or how to properly read the capacitors on the diagram. http://www.vintage-electronics.net/capacitors.aspx
  9. Kevbo

I don't have another amplifier. I will look up the information for a test.
  10. Kevbo

My dad explained what recapping means, and sent me this video. Pretty informative:
  11. Kevbo

And as far as "replace the basics", are we talking capacitors and whatnot? Would this only be for the PSU, or around the whole board?
  12. Kevbo

I will definitely need to take it on myself.....I'll see if my dad is up for another weekend project with me. :-) Please excuse my ignorance, but how would I test the preamp over the amplifier section to narrow it down? That questions may tell you exactly how little I know about electronics...
  13. Kevbo

Moving the balance control does nothing. The humming is still coming out of both speakers. Removed and replaced all cables, and humming is still there.
  14. Kevbo

Here is a brief video showing what's going on:
  15. Kevbo

A turn table is connected, and the ground wire is also connected to the back of the Marantz from the turn table. I use the Marantz every single day, and today was no different than any other day, except the hum is now there. The equipment wasn't moved, touched, anything to have caused this.
Back
Top Bottom