Recent content by Kevin M.

1. K

Pulled trigger on mc462 today

Congrats! I am sure you will be thrilled with your new amp. I it will have a different sound from you MC352 but still have the elegant Mcintosh sound.
  2. K

Nice Review of MC312 amp

https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/mcintosh-mc312-2-channel-solid-state-amplifier-review/
  3. K

Just tried to look at audio classics website

I assumed it was just expired and continued to site anyway. No bad things happened.
  4. K

Dealing with FedEx and UPS after a delivery

I take a few steps before I ship. I buy a newspaper that is from the day I pack the item. Next, I take pictures step by step, with the paper included in each photo. Lastly, I take picture with the sealed box and the paper on top of it. I have had both UPS and Fed_Ex damage packages over the...
  5. K

New Mcintosh in-wall speakers WS500 and WS300

Nice to see that Mcintosh is even re-doing the in-wall speakers, the top of the line. https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/speakers/WS500 https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/products/speakers/WS300 I use the older W350 for surrounds and have been very happy with them for many years. I think the...
  6. K

Mac-Sonus Combo Savings

The easiest way to figure this out is to determine if Mcintosh has engineers for speaker design with the retirement of Carl Van Gelder. I know he helped design the XRT2.1k but who is there now? From the Sonus Faber interview, they didn't really know how to design line arrays. Sonus Faber makes...
  7. K

MR-88 Firmware: Current Version Is v1.11

Wow, so no shipping involved? Great. Wish I had read this thread first. :)
  8. K

Shipping McIntosh For Service -- Do You Insure The Shipment?

Buy a current news paper. When you pack the MR88, take pictures of each stage with the paper folded so you can see part of the front page. I'd take the call tag into a UPS store and get a receipt that they received it. UPS is far more likely to pay a claim on a commercial account than a private...
  9. K

MC 452 or a pair MC2205 in Mono?

You can't lose at the price. You can always resell them if you don't like them and not lose money.
  10. K

How old were you when you got your first McIntosh?

I was 39. I heard Mcintosh and like the sound but just had never bought one. Started with the MC252 and kept upgrading till MC501s. Saving for the MC611 which should take me into retirement.
  11. K

Review: MC611

SteveRochlin, I hope you mention in your review whether the newer amps run hotter or about the same as the amps they replace. I realize there are parts changes but I am also wondering if the bias has been changed. It's just a curiosity thing. I don't really care about the temperature in itself...
  12. K

I was glad to just get some feedback and I enjoyed it! There are time when you just have to have enough enthusiasm for the hobby to just dive in and he did.
  13. K

Great! I’ve been waiting for some feedback.
  14. K

MC1.25KW - no ordinary amps, thank you McIntosh!

Nice set up Bill! I'm building a similar room. Could you tell me how big the screen is and the width of the room?
  15. K

MC1.25KW - no ordinary amps, thank you McIntosh!

The friend who loved them, what gear does he like or use? I'm trying to get a frame of reference for the "new" sound. I just might like it! I have to hear the new series.
Back
Top Bottom