Recent content by KevinCorr

1. KevinCorr

NAD 3050 and Vincent Audio SV-228

I don't know what a hybrid amp is. I have been considering a Schiit Ragnorak 2. It reputedly has a very good headphone amp. Made in the US. I have the Schiit Bifrost 2/64 dac already. I have a Belles Aria amp made in the US already. I don't use Bluetooth.
  2. KevinCorr

Going from separates to an integrated. Have you been satisfied?

I like the retro styling a lot now with HDMI, a dac it seems like a nice one. 75 watts is what my Belles Aria has but without the HDMI and dac. I don't need that because I use Bluesound streamers for HDMI and outboard dac. You could add a less expensive streamer to the Leak, eg WiimPro or Pro...
  3. KevinCorr

PC laptop to DAC?

My favorite method is a wifi streamer. WiiM Pro+ and Bluesound are the ones I use now. I used to hard wire a phone or iPad to the dac but the streamers are so convenient. The WiiMini is so cheap. I have one and it works fine. The Pro Plus has better connectivity and an OK dac. All the Wiim...
  4. KevinCorr

What CD players do you folks have? (or DVD/BR)

Bluesound Vault. I had a lot of cd players but got rid of everything except the Vault because it is also a Node streamer, a Dac (but I do usually run it to a better dac), a cd burner and a NAS 2T storage disc. No need for computers or other software to burn a disc, just play it. I sold 2 Rega...
  5. KevinCorr

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Lazy so listening to Jazz24 online on a Bluesound Powernode.
  6. KevinCorr

Moved from Alaska to Thailand and sold almost everything and started over

Moved from Alaska to Thailand and sold almost everything and started over
  7. KevinCorr

What headphone amp are you using currently?

Schiit Jotenheim2.
  8. KevinCorr

What are your favourite cassette decks from years gone by?

I had several Nakamichi cassette players. One was nice in that it reversed and played both sides of the tape. the other was the 550 portable, 12 volt. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nakamichi/550.shtml I gave away all my cassettes 30 years ago.
  9. KevinCorr

Worst. Movie. Ever.

Scarface.
  10. KevinCorr

Does average over-the-air sound quality justify a tuner?

I keep a tuner in each system for convenience. Sometime there is programing that I would not otherwise discover. There are arguments for and against vinyl, CD, wifi streaming, and fm, but I think each has it's use each has it's use and value. I don't see them as competing. Also FM Tuners are...
  11. KevinCorr

What CD players do you folks have? (or DVD/BR)

Sounds good. I have the 8200 CDQ, which is the same cdp with an input to the dac to use it as a standalone dac. It is also a pre-amp. They are nice cd players.
  12. KevinCorr

DYNACO A25's:

I have a pair in my worksop with a huge powerful HK integrated amp.
  13. KevinCorr

Shopping for a cheap component dac

Nice to know. I saw a Modius on the Hoff forum with balanced cords included but went for a Modi 3E because we don't need balanced. I was surprised that they shipped it immediately. I will probably get another entry dac so all this info is appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom