Recent content by kfalls

1. K

Nakamichi RX-202 Stuck

It almost sounds like it's going from ffw to rev over and over as though the end of tape sensor isn't working and it wants to flip and auto reverse. What does it do with a tape in?
  2. K

Ultrasonic cleaners - Questions for owners

I worked for an archiving company. We had a professional unit which cleaned 20 LPs at a time. We had both clean and rinse units. It required alternating rotation of every other LP 180 degrees so they weren't out of balance during a 2Krpm spin drying cycle. The unit was built in Italy at a cost...
  3. K

My first Stereo was …

I I had the same yellow stereo record player. I used it as a source to record big band recorde for my dad. I discovered by experimenting I could clip to the speaker connections and go directly into the input of the recorder,with a lot of level attenuation, and record without background noise as...
  4. K

Which ones to choose between? Pioneer CS-77A's or Klipsch KG4's!

I can’t tell from the lighting, but are these Walnut or the Oak. Mine are the Oiled Oak, but I’ve always lusted for a pair of the Walnut. I rarely buy black speakers unless it’s the speaker’s best option. Yours look to be in better than average condition. Kudos on the purchase.
  5. K

Which ones to choose between? Pioneer CS-77A's or Klipsch KG4's!

I have a pair of KG4s and wouldn’t sell or trade them. $450 is too much. I only paid $530 for mine new. Add the Crites titanium drivers for the HF horn and they’ll sound even better. The Pioneers don’t compare in my opinion.
  6. K

Replace parallel resistors with a single resistor?

Is it possible they’re parallel for safety against a complete failure? If one or the other fails there’s still 10ohms as opposed to an open across the inductor.
  7. K

Freebie: Tascam 122 MKIII

Another “gotcha” I’ll warn you about is replacing the idler tire. We used our players constantly, so I replaced these frequently. If you’re lucky the tire can be pulled without removing the capstan motor board. If not, it takes some maneuvering getting the capstan board out after removing the...
  8. K

Ive repaired many of these. Of course, you’ve already found the dreaded C gear. It’s a pretty simple repair. I also had to resolder the headphone connections from frequent use. Be very careful with the azimuth screw. During archiving we peaked the high-end using azimuth. Some operators had...
  9. K

Is the player still available? I worked for an archiving company and these were our cassette player of choice. What is the condition?
  10. K

Setup problem

If your looking for a quick and simpler solution, buy yourself a couple of Amazon Echos. They are capable of playing from any number of internet sources and can be individually controlled. Since you already have internet for your internet radio it shouldn’t be a problem. They can be found...
  11. K

R2R repair folks in Portland, OR metro area?

What type of problems are you having? I was a production Engineer for an archiving company and repaired a lot of open reel players, mostly Studer. I may be interested in helping if they are not too involved.
  12. K

Re-homing a cache of RTR machines

I worked for a company who digitizes media for colleges, museums… We purchased vintage players frequently. Everything from answering machines to 24-track audio players. If you still have them forward the list to me and I’ll see if they are interested. I know they have 13 Studer A-807, several...
  13. K

I didn't choose the Klipsch Forte IV speakers

I was impressed with the Sonos Beam LCR front speaker. I added a sunroom and wanted an audio system for corner placement. I tried both a Yamaha soundbar/sub and Speakercraft Triple/Tantra 2 system. The Sonos sounded better with less clutter. Hands down winner. Better than an NHT S2/Classic 2...
  14. K

Episode Subwoofers

I have their Dual 8” in-wall unit. It’s very well constructed and sounds good.
  15. K

Is selling on Craigslist still worthwhile? What about OfferUp, Facebook, etc?

Is there a list somewhere of scam Craigslist and FBM sellers? I have a guy who ghosted me on FBM and the only recourse is to give them bad feedback. I feel other buyers should be aware of him, but I don’t want to break any rules. I remember a major abuser some time ago which resulted in major...
Back
Top Bottom