Recent content by KG_Jag

1. KG_Jag

AUSTIN & SURROUNDING AREA - AUDIOPHILES

If you want to host a gathering in the fall, I'll almost certainly make. The steaks alone locks it for me.
  2. KG_Jag

NCAA Men's Basketball

Texas -- tomorrow (if you're in El Paso).
  3. KG_Jag

Long time lurker, bout time to introduce myself - Houston, TX

Great to read that you're back on the forum and --more importantly-- that your life is now on a good track.
  4. KG_Jag

Best Headphones for under $200

Can't speak to yours, but many--probably the vast majority--of lap top computers have crappy to mediocre audio out. All wired Grados are easy to drive--even from a low powered internal battery type of device.
  5. KG_Jag

"What exactly are people looking for at this price point?" Today "the best" headphones in this price range will offer full tonal balance of virtually the entire audible frequency range. They will accurately reproduce what is fed to them, while providing strong imaging and detail. At lest...
  6. KG_Jag

Well cared for used headphones provide the opportunity for a sonic upgrade over a new regularly priced and often sale priced headphone. However, you should keep in mind that (in general) headphones have improved over the last 10 to 15 years. Going back even longer in time, I would have...
  7. KG_Jag

The Elegia, like all its upline siblings, is a balanced headphone. Although even more true for headphones that are less efficient than the Elegia, balanced connection to headphone amps and DAP's provide (or at least can provide) audio advantages over the single ended unbalanced only connections...
  8. KG_Jag

^^ The Focal Elegia was a $900 MSRP headphone that still sells on Amazon for $500. The closeout price (at a few or less vendors) of $369 makes it very unfair to compare the quality (sound, build and included accessories) of the Elegia with a $200 headphone. That includes those that fall into...
  9. KG_Jag

The Grado SR100, which was in the Grado line about 30 years ago, is long discontinued. While it is true that certain Grado headphones, especially those with the (original) flat pad and plastic headband--namely the SR60, 80 & 125--have garnered a greater than average set of complaints concerning...
  10. KG_Jag

Technics SL-D2

I have the "step up" fully automatic late 70's vintage Technics SL-D3 as my work horse turntable in TX. In Reno it's the similar vintage semi-auto Technics SL-3200. I'm very happy with both, but decades down the road from being new, they don't track problem records as well as my modern manual...
  11. KG_Jag

^^^^ Grado's (and Alessandro's--which are modded Grados) are--and have always been--very easy to drive. They are all open: leak much sound and isolate almost not at all. Current models of Grado are almost never on sale. Beyond that, it gets a bit complicated for several reasons. The first is...
  12. KG_Jag

The HD-6XX is a good can, but at 300 Ohms you will need some power to drive it properly.
  13. KG_Jag

I have ordered audio equipment (mostly headphones) from Adorama and have not had a problem. They are BBB accredited and their rating is "A", but they do have significant negative customer reviews posted on several sites.
  14. KG_Jag

A good choice in my view and ears. After you have had and listened to them for a while, please post your impressions.
  15. KG_Jag

It appears that the $369 price is still good. See: https://www.adorama.com/fofelegia.html?emailprice=t
Back
Top Bottom