Recent content by Kikinik

1. Kikinik

Hello, I was just reading a post about Bi-Amping your Forte 1's. I am trying to do something...

Hello, I was just reading a post about Bi-Amping your Forte 1's. I am trying to do something similar with a tube amp driving mid's and Hi's and a SS amp driving the subs. Any words of advice? Did you get it to work? Thanks! Matt
  2. Kikinik

Hello! I came across a thread where you were discussing building a wood case for a 1000a. Did...

Hello! I came across a thread where you were discussing building a wood case for a 1000a. Did you end up doing it? I am looking to get one built. Thanks! Matt
  3. Kikinik

Raising impedance on the Forte I

So I have a beautiful set of stock Forte I speakers in walnut, and I have been saving them for a Sansui 1000a tube amp that I just had restored. The issue is that I have the 4ohm Fortes, and the 1000a only has 8 and 16ohm taps. I really want to run this setup, but do not want to overheat or...
  4. Kikinik

Looking for help in MN - Restoring a Family Treasure - The 1000a

I spoke with Mark, and he said they do not work on Sansui. I thanked him, and told him that someday I hope to own a McIntosh... Thanks for the suggestion.
  5. Kikinik

I talked to Dave at HiFi and he said he is done working on the Sansui 1000a unfortunately. He gave me a lead on somebody else in St.Paul, so I will be trying that route. Thanks again!
  6. Kikinik

Love it! And yeah, $600 is not bad for a beautiful piece of restored tube gear.
  7. Kikinik

Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with HiFi sound. They are great. I had my Kenwood 8100 worked on there actually. 85 per hour for a few hours isn't bad. Part of my challenge is that I don't know how long this project is going to take. I have read that people spend 10-20 hours on these...
  8. Kikinik

Thanks for the suggestion. I had come across their site when I was searching around but couldn't find Sansui listed. I will call them today and ask some questions.
  9. Kikinik

Thanks for the suggestion UncleBingo.
  10. Kikinik

Well, for my first real post, other than saying hello, I thought I would dig right in to my next and maybe most important project. The beautiful Sansui 1000a that I received from my dad. It's in really nice shape and I want to do it right. (Read, I really shouldn't do it myself). I have read a...
  11. Kikinik

New Guy From Richfield Minnesota

Hey there audio heads! I have spend many a late night reading through these forums as any question you ask google about audio gives at least 4 results from AK. Finally... I decided to sign up and subscribe. And damn does it feel good. Just getting back into things now that my twin boys...
  12. Kikinik

Just Listening

Just Listening
Back
Top Bottom