Recent content by kitt1987

1. K

DAPS

After doing a bit of researching of the Sony NW45 and a few other daps I decided to try out the Pioneer XDP 30r. Does anyone in the forum have any hands on experience with this? Just curious if there is anything I need to be concerned with that I don't know about while I wait on it to arrive...
  2. K

1050SX Main Power Switch

Thanks for the tip, I will give that a shot (no pun intended).
  3. K

1050SX Main Power Switch

The main power switch on my 1050 has a soft, "cushy" feel to it when switching on and off now. It works but it has gotten a softer feel in comparison to the other switches on the front. Is it possible to replace the switch or is it a better idea to just look for spare parts from another receiver?
  4. K

Original vs Remastered....

It's all subjective to your personal tastes. For me I really did like the new Pepper remix. Other than that I would suggest the 2014 mono mix. I would even take the 1987 mix over the original stereo. But again, that's just me.
  5. K

Upgrade Pioneer PL510a - or new turntable?

I would personally skip the A/T 95E...while a decent starter cart (I know I used to have one) I would suggest for the money try out the new VM520EB cartridge (I think that is the one that replaced the old AT 120EB cartridge, but if you can get the AT120EB go for that, it is a few dollars cheaper...
  6. K

Upgrade Pioneer PL510a - or new turntable?

I'd even say try a Nagaoka MP-200...go for an ebay seller and save yourself some $$$. I agree with the posts above about vinyl limitations...while I do enjoy listening to vinyl I also realize that it is not the "end all be all" to music listening and enjoyment. Chasing that rabbit will end up...
  7. K

Seen at the curb - take it or leave it?

It looks like it is propped up on its right side so the reel to reel would be on the right side if set up correctly.
  8. K

Pioneer PL-12D and MP-110 Inner Groove Distortion

I'm not sure it's an issue with the 49mm alignment for the Pioneer. I have a PL-71 and have used the MP-110 as well as the 200 and 500 and have never experienced any IGD. Granted it took me a little time spent in making sure all the measurements were as precise as my hands and eyes could get...
  9. K

SX-1050 Hum on tape and adapter inputs

Noise filters might help your situation. I had similar issues but after using in line noise filters on the RCA lines problem solved. My tech guy told me these receivers are very sensitive and can pick up the slightest noise and in turn you hear it in your speakers. These old receivers aren't...
  10. K

Looking for a table to match my SX-1050, fully manual options?

To back up others, I have the SX-1050 as well as the PL-71 turntable and they are a match made in heaven to my eyes and ears.
  11. K

Best Inexpensive Vinyl Cleaning Method?

I've just always used the tried and true method of 3 parts distilled water, 1 part isopropyl alcohol (91%), and one drop of dawn dish detergent in a spray bottle and then wipe clean with a microfiber cloth...wiping in a motion going with the tracks. Has not failed me yet.
  12. K

Modern vs vintage

Crap! lol
  13. K

Modern vs vintage

My personal opinion is go for vintage. All in all I feel they have superior construction and materials. As others have pointed out, you have to look at a minimum $500 in either case for something of quality. Be aware that unless you have proof the vintage table was "restored" then you have to...
  14. K

Best recommendation for vintage receiver?

I have to say I have just about finally reigned in the sound quality with the Schiit. Believe it or not for a while I had to wear ear plugs because they highs are so much so that I thought my ears were going to bleed and my head was going to explode. Weird that I have to have the volume...
  15. K

price of used vinyl?

Not to change the topic but I've always wondered what turntable Fagen was sitting in front of on the Nightfly cover.
Back
Top Bottom