Recent content by Klaatu561

1. Klaatu561

Marantz 4270 Question

Hey Omega, Do you have any pictures of the finished Formica product? I have a vintage turntable this was done over plastic and it looks amazing. I have a few Marantz in the closet that look great but would be cool to give it a try. Raven
  2. Klaatu561

Remote speakers

I am using a Marantz 2270 and JBL L Century 100 speakers. I am thinking about adding my set of JBL 4401 (I am aware they are 60 watts max) as remote speakers playing all 4 at one time. Will the remote set stress the amplifier? Thank you in advance.
  3. Klaatu561

Your Favorite Middle-Range Receivers/Int Amps

I have picture of me next to my Sansui AU-555A and Radio Shack Electrostatic speakers back in the early 1970. To date it is the best sounding amplifier I have owned next to my Marantz 2270. I just bought a Marantz 2220 (not B) that I am shocked by how good it sounds. I would say the Sansui and...
  4. Klaatu561

Post Your Marantz Gear Here!!!

That African Padauk veneer is beautiful. Even my interior decorator would approve. As for the 2275. I actually like mine better than my 2270. But my favorite pound for pound is my 2226 (not B). Most every time I listen to it I am in disbelief.
  5. Klaatu561

Marantz 2226 (not B)

Wow! I took your advice and opened it up. My first project was a 4270-ahhhhh. In retrospect I would have been better served starting with this one rather than jumping off from the deep end. I see the 2226 even has a few IC's. This thing will be a breeze (that's what I always say just before...
  6. Klaatu561

Marantz 2226 (not B)

I have been tinkering with Marantz receivers for a few years and have worked on many models. I took a Marantz 2226 in trade because the guy was a little short $$ when buying a 4270 and so I left it on the shelf thinking it is a smaller unit so I will look at it when I get to it. A while back I...
  7. Klaatu561

most creative album covers

Roger Dean was very good.
  8. Klaatu561

most creative album covers

The quality is a little rough but this is an LP I have. One must look close to get the idea.
  9. Klaatu561

3 3/4 Reel VS. Vinyl VS. 7 1/2 Reel

I’ll check it out but am pleased with the system I have. Like I said, I have not been impressed with Dolby in the past.
  10. Klaatu561

As I spend time adding new leaders to some of my reel to reels I am pondering why they are my favorite format. Here are my thoughts: They are analog and very good quality sounding as much to the way the artist(s) intended it to sound unlike streaming or the like where one gets a digitally "blah"...
  11. Klaatu561

I have to say I have never tried (or heard of) an external dolby unit. I guess I just use what is on the unit, my ears, and the spec sheets I have seen (which often don't match). If I get any older it won't be an issue. Won't hear it anyway. ha
  12. Klaatu561

You mention Dolby. I always thought Dolby sounded like it shaved the highs off and some of the low end. Never my favorite and I still try to avoid anything Dolby. Perhaps someone could help me to understand the advantage. I will take a little hiss over losing the high end anyday. Then again the...
  13. Klaatu561

I agree. Im OG ha! Not even auto reverse here. Have to think about flipping the reels.
  14. Klaatu561

As i sit listening to my vintage Reel to Reel Motown Reel it really takes me back to the day. Objectively, I have to say that it is the entire package and not the quality. It take me to the place where I was at that point and time of my life. Is quality is important, yes of course but the...
  15. Klaatu561

Yep, wasn't paying attention and accidently bought a Russian Federation Reel. Have not listened to it. Figured if the tape was the quality of the box it would be a waste of music time.
Back
Top Bottom