Recent content by knockbill

1. knockbill

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

They could be before or after Pre/Power sections, , hard to tell without a schem,,, same with ribbon cables,, they could be shielded, IDK tho,,,, I'm working on an old Sansui(400) that just has separate wires and all of them from TT , thru jacks,switches, pre, poweramp are shielded..
  2. knockbill

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

Since its such a high gain ckt,,, maybe use shielded cables for the signal carrying wires?
  3. knockbill

First Sansui SS receiver model sold in USA?

Thanks,, 400 is from 1967 also... I guess the dual line voltage(120v) was for the Canadian market then, as it has North American plug on it... I have one I've been working on for a while now, and just looking into its history,,, I also have an 800 which I got in 1969 when I was in the service...
  4. knockbill

First Sansui SS receiver model sold in USA?

I read where 707A was the first Sansui SS model, and was sold overseas,,, Also that it was built on a tube chassis (1000 ?) Is model 400 the first receiver sold in USA market, or was it also an overseas model that may have been sold at Navy exchanges or PXs? Thanks...
  5. knockbill

What "World Music" are you listening to right now...and more.

Best of the Eagles, Vol Two,,, Denon Cassette Player,,, Sansui 400 I'm rebuilding,,,, sounds promising so far!!!
  6. knockbill

Any sense looking for a "higher end" 8 track player?

I remember them, but never had one,,, cassette decks seemed to come along soon after and still sound pretty good,,,, Not sure there really is a much better quality 8track, than the ones you already have,,,, Juliette is an old name also,,, I have a pair of their head phones I got in the...
  7. knockbill

Kenwood TK-66 shorted RF transistor 2sa240

My buddy just did a hamfest in Cherryville(IIRC) was about a half hour from him,,, but too far for me!!! Keep in mind, Digikey has a free shipping option with a prepaid mail in order,,,, works very well for me, with small orders!!! Good luck with your project!
  8. knockbill

Transistor designations

I am working on an older Sansui 400, now,,, the one thing I noticed is the numbers on the schems/parts lists aren't always the same as what is in the chassis,,, I've been subbing form the parts I find in the receiver rather than trusting the parts lists!!!
  9. knockbill

Not sure where you are located,, but I find Ge's (and other unobtainables) at hamfests!!! I put the word out last Spring when I got this old Sansui, and a buddy brought me a bag full of em at the next meet!! They are out there just not at stores! If you find any sub numbers send a message...
  10. knockbill

Is this what you looking for? PNP, 2sa240, I'll take a look a bit later,,, knee deep in Sansui right now!!!!
  11. knockbill

Electrolytic capacitor

^^^ Seems to be, I've seen old lytics marked Positive(+) with an arrow...
  12. knockbill

Here's a good data base I found https://alltransistors.com/... maybe you can find a sub,,, I was able to find a GE sub for an old Sansui I am working on Good luck..
  13. knockbill

May have accidentally solved my static issue...?

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in house wiring, grounded recs etc again,,, but your situation has to be explained... IF you have ground receptacle on a k&t circuit,, there is a fifty fifty chance the hot wire is connected to the neutral on a 3 hole receptacle,,, if it is wired...
  14. knockbill

Sub for 2SC693F

No problem I looked at 1815 also as another sub but doesn't have the power... I got the Sansui phono stage running now,,, its dead quiet and even output on Mono,,, I dont understand how mono sums both channels coming thru the phono board and they are dead even in and out of the amp...
Back
Top Bottom