Recent content by Knucklehead

1. Knucklehead

Is Home Theater On Its Way Out?

You can do some research on www.accessories4less.com. They show pics of the back of all the receivers. They also have some refurbed pre-pros for sale as well. I'm partial to Yamaha, I have had very good luck with the brand. Onkyo/Integra - not so much. Denon and Marantz have been good to me as...
  2. Knucklehead

Is Home Theater On Its Way Out?

I know you aren't looking for a receiver, but you may want to rethink that. I've had pre-pros from Onkyo, Integra, Yamaha, and Marantz. I've also had TOTL receivers from all of those brands, along with Denon. I've found little to no difference in sound quality between using the preamp outs from...
  3. Knucklehead

Home theatre system

My last HT setup was pretty decent. I used Klipsch Reference Premier for the front 3, and Emotiva ERD-1 dedicated surrounds for a 5.2 setup. Subs were SVS PB2000 and more than enough to shake the whole house. Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR drove the setup. This was separate from my 2 channel setup but in...
  4. Knucklehead

What's your ringtone?

Been using a clip from "Kill Bill" for many years now. Specifically the scene where the one-eyed 'nurse' (Daryl Hannah) comes waltzing down the hall in the hospital looking to do in Uma Thurman. Gets my attention over the typical noises of the day!
  5. Knucklehead

If you could only take three with you?

For boondocking I would think a T-amp might be a better choice. Works on 12v if you get the right one. I have a little Fosi bluetooth amp that works ok, but I wouldn't want to be powering speakers with that for long. I have an old cell phone that I stuck a 128gb memory card into, with lots of...
  6. Knucklehead

1979 Sansui Au-717 / TU-717

Easier than you think, Lee. I did my own binding post install. I think anyone with a soldering iron and some 3d printed speaker panels could do it as well. Between my AU-717 and AU-317 I spent about $100, and they look like they should have been on these amps from the factory. The 317 was easier...
  7. Knucklehead

What was the first job you worked as?

USN for $91 per month as a seaman apprentice. I was one day + 17 years old, that was 1964.
  8. Knucklehead

Bridged power amps,why such a dramatic change in sound quality?

I'll hazard a guess: Twice the class a power from your amps? At some point your amps switch out of class a into class b, but now you have twice the power in class a, which would benefit lower volumes according to a theory or three.
  9. Knucklehead

Anyone else keep getting logged out?

I updated my log in link using the HTTPS - still shows website to be non-secure. Never seen this problem prior to updating the server several weeks ago. We shall see if I still have to log back in several times per day. That too wasn't a problem before the server upgrade.
  10. Knucklehead

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

I'm having the same issue. Every hour or so, sometimes less, I have to log in again. PITA, but no big deal.
  11. Knucklehead

Vinyl only spin list

12. Knucklehead

Vinyl only spin list

13. Knucklehead

Vinyl only spin list

Back
Top Bottom