Recent content by kohngallery

1. kohngallery

Beogram 5000 DIN wiring

I found the wiring instructions on an archived Beoworld thread. Thanks!
  2. kohngallery

Beogram 5000 DIN wiring

Unfortunately it didn't work. The wire sheathing need to be grounded to something. I distinctly remember the black wire being soldered to the metal casing around the DIN. The second black wire doesn't exist as it is just threads (no wire) inside it. Any diagrams, photos of the original as it...
  3. kohngallery

Beogram 5000 DIN wiring

Thank you. I will try and get back to all.
  4. kohngallery

Beogram 5000 DIN wiring

I stupidly took apart the DIN wiring from the Beogram 5000 thinking it would be easy to install RCA turntable cables. It wasn't. I cut the wires inside the DIN connector and now want to resolder and use an adapter. But...I didn't take a photo and don't know which color wires go on which number...
  5. kohngallery

Hi Dave, I need help! I have 2 Hf-60s and I tried your 6550 modification. But, am a real...

Hi Dave, I need help! I have 2 Hf-60s and I tried your 6550 modification. But, am a real amateur. I thought I could follow your directions and succeed. I had trouble following the schematic. When I plugged it in it smoked! How to proceed? Do I try again? Or could you recommend someone to do the...
  6. kohngallery

Gillespie Mod for Eico HF-60

Thank you for the clarification. I will add the 750ohm resistor to the 517ohm choke and see what the reading is. Much appreciated!
  7. kohngallery

The mod instructions suggest a filter choke of 30H 50mA and at least 1300ohm. The choke I purchased is the Hammond 194E, 30H, 100mA and 517 ohm. In order to use this choke should I add the 1.3k, 1/2 watt resistor?
  8. kohngallery

Is this correct? Thanks.
  9. kohngallery

Speaking of The Gillespie mod for the Eico HF-60, I am attempting to execute the instructions...but I am pretty unskilled at reading schematics and trying to teach myself. For example, the old driver plate resistors R11 and R12 were difficult for me to follow from the schematic. But I went to...
  10. kohngallery

Cartridge alignment problems

I need help! Im trying to set up a Lyra Titan i on a Clearaudio Ovation/Satisfy tonearm turntable with a DB Systems protractor. The problem is I cannot see how to align the cart with the lines; the head shell obscures the view, and the cartridge angles inward. So I have tried to align the...
  11. kohngallery

Empire 598 broken motor mount

Uggg! I just bought this Empire 598 from Goodwill on line, and it arrived with a completely broken motor mount. The metal they used is of very poor quality, and I am sure the uninformed shippers did not secure the motor with the travel screw. In any event, it is completely broken off and I...
  12. kohngallery

Realistic STA-2100D Repair and Restoration

FedEx confirmed they picked up a package from Noah Schumacher's address today, and he confirmed via email that Fedex picked it up. It arrives on Friday, and I will check to see that it is the same unit I sent to him, unmolested. After a few emails from Noah about how he was only about a week...
  13. kohngallery

The scam goes on. After Noah agreed to send back the unit (upon receiving a "Demand Letter" from me to return my personal property or I would file criminal and civil charges...which I am about to do) he insisted that I send a pre-paid label via FedEx. It was done early today, and he simply...
  14. kohngallery

Today I initiated a credit card charge dispute. And my brother is a lawyer who works in the District Attorney's Office in Clark County (Las Vegas), NV. He is now on the case in neighboring CO. Noah has written me emails to say that it will take a couple of weeks longer (twice) and that "You...
  15. kohngallery

I tried to find him on Facebook. Couldn't. Do you have an exact address for him?
Back
Top Bottom