Recent content by Komodo

1. K

Yamaha M4 level pots

Does anyone have a source for replacement level pots for the M4? single gang 30Kohm 15mm PC mount carbon
  2. K

ID these speakers?

Yep, totally get it. I don’t think they’re for sale anyway, they were using them to play music on in the shop. They sounded good and I couldn’t ID them. I’m set with my KEF 104.2 currently.
  3. K

ID these speakers?

Interesting, you may be right. I thought the side paneling front and back was really odd, and the lack of badges on the front. Good job. That said, they did sound really good.
  4. K

ID these speakers?

I should’ve gave relative size since it’s hard to tell from the picture only. They were probably 20” x 30” on the front panel, and maybe 18-20” deep? Maybe somewhat smaller, kinda like a Klipsch Heresy. They had a real clear and rich sound, I actually looked up to see what they were because the...
  5. K

ID these speakers?

Saw and heard these at an antique mall and couldn’t get up to see any label. What are they?
  6. K

Yamaha C2a DC offset tone control problem - one channel only

I'm only referring to the hi def layout and my actual board. I think you found any / all errors same as me. I've been working the tone board left to right and what I'm seeing matches your conclusions: -R521 and the first R522 are correct. Measures 4.7k -R551 is correct, R522 (2nd one) should be...
  7. K

I will Milo, and thanks for your help. Sorry didn't get back sooner, there were several other projects on my bench first, I scored another pre to hold it's place (B&K Pro-10MC), and then did a complete inventory of my C2A using the blown up print of the schematic you gave me. I didn't notice any...
  8. K

Starting full resistor replacement of the tone board. Still wondering about those ceramic capacitors? Also wondering, why is it just the resistors on the tone board? Seems odd.
  9. K

Back at this. Have a full resistor list made by inspection. Should I replace the tone board ceramic caps at C505/506, C511/512, C517/518, C539/540? If so whats good replacement? Values: A1000J and A150J
  10. K

OK, I've got a list to compare to and will make my own list based on my unit. That said - the EQ idle current test points and adjust are on the main board? It seems odd that issues would show up regularly in the smaller PCB. This is frustrating as I had it in service for a year with no issue...
  11. K

Replace every resistor in the whole unit?
  12. K

Now I'm really confused. After reflowing some joints, I've got stable 23mV idle current in the EQ section (L) channel, but (R) channel gives me 35mV with only the TP4 + test point and as soon as the TP5 - is attached it flutters to 0mV. I've poured over it, there are no bridges or apparent...
  13. K

Does anyone have an PDF of the service manual in color or with the parts list? Every one I find online has no parts list.
  14. K

Thank you. My guess is that replacing all of the resistors merely gets the one or two that may be out, but it also future proofs it. In my case, I wondered if the direct correlation with the bass control would give somebody an idea of where I might be looking.
  15. K

My C2a has been in use after a recap and fix of one transistor last year. I opened it to replace some caps I had skipped, and replace all trimmers. On adjustment, everything is great until I try to set DC offset in the tone section. Left channel is right on and stable, the Right channel is...
Back
Top Bottom