Recent content by krazygrrl

1. krazygrrl

Says delivered on porch....UPS

No one is saying that the UPS people don't work hard. It is just, in my experience, that they seem to have more problems than others; that they "misplace" or damage packages more than others. Although I am certainly not a volume recipient from these delivery services, FedEx has never lost or...
  2. krazygrrl

Waffling on whether or not to get a new TV

Hi Eric, I would say, yes.. you can use the Sony elsewhere in your home. I am currently toying with getting a dedicated multimedia PC built and using the TV as a monitor for it. The resolution is so much clearer on the LCD than on any CRT TV. Also, prices currently are absurdly low for new...
  3. krazygrrl

What Is The Most Abused Subject Here At AK?

That would be very counterproductive as the basis for a forum like this is discussion. Simply to eliminate a topic because one does not agree with it, cuts at the heart of any discussion. Perhaps a better course of action would not be to participate in such discussions then they wouldn't annoy...
  4. krazygrrl

Says delivered on porch....UPS

This is typical UPS. They never, EVER accept responsibility for their idiotic behavior. That is why, I refuse to utilize them personally. From me, they will never receive a cent and I hope "shit-stain brown" goes belly-up very soon. :tears: My advise to you is to actually call the Amazon...
  5. krazygrrl

It's official...

Scott, I think I should also subscribe, although I haven't been here anywhere near as long. There are so many nice folks here, so much great advise, and some many interesting posts.... it is well worth the subscription cost. :)
  6. krazygrrl

$100 dollars ea. speaker to ship?? how do you all make enough to justify?

My suggestion would be utilizing FedEx as they accept parcels to (I believe) 120 pounds. You could construct your own box and then call them for a pickup or drop it off yourself if you have the proper vehicle. And if you open a free FedEx account, they also give you a 15% discount over the...
  7. krazygrrl

Do you think they meant Pioneer?

Heee heee... yes, I would say that what was meant was "Pioneer"
  8. krazygrrl

What preamp?

Hi Joel, I am sorry to hear about the NAD. I have an Adcom GTP 500 that I have been extremely happy with. It is remote controllable, but unfortunately I don't have a remote for mine.
  9. krazygrrl

Disco anyone?

:banana: We need to go out dancing, but only if you have a white, John Travolta - Saturday Night Fever leisure suit. I am going to find something to wear myself... the late 1970s fashions look so incredibly odd... I am sure I can find something! I even have a pair of those incredible (if not...
  10. krazygrrl

Disco anyone?

Not all disco songs were bad....
  11. krazygrrl

Disco anyone?

Is that a "one off"? I have never seen anything like it! :yes: :D
  12. krazygrrl

Drink driving NEEDS TO STOP!!!

First of all, my condolences to you for the loss of your friend. Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens far too often. Personally, I believe there should be a low tolerance in terms of blood alcohol that there is. After all, that stuff affects everyone differently. :nono: Unfortunately...
  13. krazygrrl

Shill bidding?

The "value" of an item, such as this trombone, is always subjective. Personally, as I am not a musician that plays such an instrument, the listed prices would be well above what I would have even considered paying.... My personal motto is to only bid what I feel that I want to pay for a give...
  14. krazygrrl

Spellbinder's Main System - FINISHED!

I would love to listen to that system :D :music:
  15. krazygrrl

I Want you- She's So Heavy. I wonder?

Heee heee... that is an interesting premise. :yes: I would suspect, however, that this was more accidental or "by ear", than a deliberate undertaking. Besides, the former would make more sense considering the "mindset" of The Beatles during the making of "Abbey Road". :D
Back
Top Bottom